Western Tamil Nadu
Western Tamil Nadu is in India. It consists of the districts of Coimbatore, Erode, Nilgiris, and Tirupur.
- Coimbatore — largest city in the region; industrial and educational cluster; the textile capital of South India; also known as the Manchester of the South
- Erode — center for turmeric and textile productions; known as textile city and turmeric city
- Gobichettipalayam — also known as mini kollywood; famous for white silk, turmeric and platain
- Ooty — a popular hill station; reachable by heritage mountain railway from Mettupaalayam
- Tirupur — also known as export city; largest exporter of textiles in the country