Northeast High Country
(Redirected from White County (Georgia))
The Northeast High Country is a sub-region of Georgia's Historic High Country region. The Northeast region of the Georgia High Country consists of the counties that are in the most northeast corner of Georgia. They share borders with Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. There are many artistan and tourist driven communities in this region including Helen, Blue Ridge, and Clayton.
- Blue Ridge
- Cleveland — Home of the Cabbage Patch Kids.
- Helen — Created to resemble an Alpine Village.
- Mineral Bluff
- Mount Airy
- Lake Chatuge
- Sautee-Nachoochee Valley - A few miles south of Helen
- Sky Valley Resort
- Unicoi State Park - A few miles north of Helen
- Vogel State Park
- Anna-Ruby Falls in Unicoi State Park
- Blackrock Mountain State Park, the highest altitude park in Georgia
- Brasstown Bald - Georgia's highest peak
- Lake Burton
- Lake Rabun
- Lake Seed
- Lake Tugalo
- Rabun Gap
- Stonewall Creek Falls
- 'Tallulah Gorge
- Yonah Mountain - hiking, camping, rock climbing.
- Hike the Coosa Backcountry Trail from Vogel State Park
- Hike to the top of Brasstown Bald
- Hike the Duncan Ridge Trail
- Hike to the top of Blood Mountain via the Appalachian Trail from Neels Gap.