User:Ibaman has made a wide variety of valuable contributions throughout this site, including loads of janitorial work reverting edits in violation of Wikivoyage policies including vandalism, touting and external links and tour policy violations, showing that he understands the rules and guidelines on this site thoroughly; listification and other structural and stylistic improvement of existing articles; contributing new content; and participation on dotm and Talk page discussions. The contributions by User: 22.214.171.124 are also by him.
I think that particularly his already extensive and very effective janitorial work shows that Ibaman is trustworthy and would use the additional tools he'd get as an Admin judiciously and helpfully. He has indicated a willingness to acquire some more tools for patrolling.
To anticipate one possible demurral: Given the length of time Ibaman has participated on this site and the types of edits he's made, I don't think that the non-huge number so far is an important reason not to make his good job a little easier by making him an Admin. He's never shown the slightest indication of having any desire to injure the site, only to help it, and I can't see that changing. Ikan Kekek (talk) 02:44, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Speaking for myself, I want to express my thanks for the nomination, and the support already manifested, it's an honor and I'll do my best for the benefit of our fellow travellers. My account is much younger than my activities. I've been around voy, at en: and pt: since day one, having gained editing experience when we were at the old site before IB took it over. Saqib has pointed out not seeing much of mine at policy discussions and actions other than janitorial daily mopping, which is true; most of the time, I tend to care less about arguing policy points than about complying and enforcing whatever consensus is reached about them. However I remember having said things that mattered on the discussion about military tourism, and would like to boast a little about some heavy bricklaying work done on the St. Petersburg districtification (IPs 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 were me as well), and also on the Brazil Expedition led by Texugo before last World Cup.
- Almost every working day, I keep an open browser tab on our Recent Changes page, always watching and taking proactive actions whenever necessary. You can count on it. Ibaman (talk) 14:10, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- PS - after a little chatting with Saqib, I think I must express in very clear terms that my chosen name comes from IBAMA, my workplace, the Brazilian environmental protection federal agency, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Internet Brands.
- Support by nominator. Ikan Kekek (talk) 02:44, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Week support — No doubt, he's doing amazing yet tiring job, cleaning-up the mess. But I may have some concerns because I never seen him in policy and other dicussions other than making reverts, perhaps I've missed to note his participation in discussion since he was editing under IP for more than a year. But yes, I think he need admin tools especially roolback rights as he's choosed to become a janitor. So a little vote of confidence from Pakistan to Brazil. --Saqib (talk) 02:53, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support and here is at least the IP Ibaman used when helping out with Fortaleza. Ps. also see the talk page of that IP. ϒpsilon (talk) 05:05, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support Why not? Jianhui67 (talk) 05:07, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support His edits are consistent with those of an Administrator. I would encourage more community participation however. Andrewssi2 (talk) 05:26, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Always trustworthy, and while he may not have participated in community discussions very much here, his participation in them has at times been much appreciated over on pt:, so I know he's on level. Texugo (talk) 11:11, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support - I was not certain, since I did not recognise the name when he or she was nominated, though a quick peruse of some contributions gave a favorable impression. Texugo's comments tip the balance to clear support. Pashley (talk) 13:19, 26 March 2015 (UTC)