Wikivoyage:Requests for comment
This page is for requests of additional feedback on difficulties and disputes in Wikivoyage, including both policy/style pages as well as actual article content.
Add links to disputed articles below in the appropriate section. Please don't start up conversations here; the point of this page is to direct Wikivoyagers' attention to a discussion going on elsewhere. Please sign and date your request.
Requests pointing to discussions that have gone dormant for over two months may be removed from this page. Otherwise, the original contributor may remove his/her request when satisfied. (Please remember to do this, in order to keep the page clean!)
- Template talk:Reviewed — per the discussion at Wikivoyage talk:Business listings reliability Expedition#Reviewed templates, we should have a way to designate an article as "reviewed" by a trusted user. Is this the way to do it? --Peter Talk 23:04, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage:Welcome, copyeditors — We're close to a compromise on how we best manage non-content changes. --Inas (talk) 10:21, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Books Let's get this policy hammered out and made official. Please help in identifying what needs to be added to our policy and what pages/categories/etc need to be created/written to go along with it. AHeneen (talk) 07:05, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Currency Should the rupee symbol ₹ be used? Do browsers support it yet?
- Wikivoyage talk:Image policy#Proposal to change default thumbnail size Should the default thumbnail size be changed? -- Ryan • (talk) • 23:56, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:External links#Front linking (hear me out) — should we convert our footnotes to front-links, while changing the icon to the one recently discussed, and making the text-link display only when hovered? --Peter Talk 15:51, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Time and date formats#How_to_express_.22Noon_to_6AM_the_next_day.22_.3F How to standardize "Noon to 6AM the next day"? Nicolas1981 (talk) 11:10, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
- Talk:Japan's Top 100 Cherry Blossom Spots - What can be done to improve the article (to make it a guide/star)? ChubbyWimbus (talk) 11:35, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Talk:Hyderabad#Districtification - This article was never districtified so I think district map and regionlist template should be removed. --Saqib (talk) 14:29, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- Talk:Rome#Minicabs - A business owner has responsibly submitted a proposal for listing their online minicab service. Had the listing simply been posted, I would have deleted it; however, we have the time to evaluate whether allowing a listing would be in the interest of the traveler. Please participate. Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:23, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- Talk:Saint Petersburg/Center#Metro - English? — Should we use a map with station names in English, even though all signage is in Cyrillic? This has implications broader than this one article. --Peter Talk 16:56, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- Talk:East China - What cities should be listed for this region?
- Talk:New York (state)#My thoughts and Talk:New York (state)#Regions again, again — How should New York State's Capital District, Catskills, and Hudson Valley regions be divided?
- Wikivoyage:Roadmap/Improved editing interface — we need to bring back the form listings editor, and make it mobile-editing compatible. Input needed! --Peter Talk 23:29, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage:Roadmap/Enable listings reviews — allowing expanded review content, for a lot of reasons, is probably the single most important feature development in the theoretical pipelines. Input especially needed! --Peter Talk 23:29, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Airport Expedition: We are trying to decide when we need airport articles, when we don't, and selecting the best template for when we do. Please join us. --Inas (talk) 02:36, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage:Dynamic maps Expedition — another Roadmap entry, this one about our city/district maps joining the modern era. Brainstormers welcome! --Peter Talk 06:03, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Article status#Consolidation proposal - remove and delete article type templates, substitute combined type and status templates. --Traveler100 (talk) 18:43, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
- Template talk:Multiple image — can anyone help with the expression error, and should we keep this template? --Peter Talk 16:39, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:TOC/Banner - A horizontal TOC and the lead image rolled into one that could alleviate the layout problems caused by the current TOC. Let me know your thoughts. -Shaundd (talk) 04:16, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage:Travellers' pub#Proposal — Shall we install Extension:Widgets? This would be the first step to implementing embedded, dynamic maps, be it city/district maps in articles, or even cool maps like this one  on one of our navigational pages. --Peter Talk 19:21, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Template talk:Listing#Choice of formatting – Make some minor edits to formatting of the Listing template, to move some elements around and add some more italics, or perhaps a more substantial revision Bigpeteb (talk) 22:35, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage_talk:Listings#Tags_to_templates – A shift towards listing templates instead of XML tags. Does it look more presentable, and will it be easier for developers? -- torty3 (talk) 06:30, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Regions map Expedition#Clickable maps — We've made our regions maps clickable at the continent level (and I think they're nifty). Can we start clickablefying more regions maps? --Peter Talk 04:16, 14 May 2013 (UTC)