The essence of Wilmington is captured in the spirit of its people. Wilmington is a community that values its children and reveres its seniors. It is a community with a generous heart and an open mind. It is a community that welcomes change but respects tradition. The Town of Wilmington encourages every resident and every visitor to enjoy the splendor of its resources. We are a community proud of its past and energized by the prospect of a bright and happy future. Michael A. Caira, Town Manager
According to the United States Census Bureau, Wilmington has a total area of 17.2 square miles, of which, 17.1 square miles of it is land and 0.1 square miles of it is water.
There are around 21,000 people in Wilmington.
Wilmington can be accessed by the major roadways of Interstates 93 and 95.
- From 95 North and South Take the Interstate 93 (North) exit. Follow interstate 93 until you come to Exit 38; Wilmington, Reading. There will also be signs for the exit that read “Austin Preparatory School, Exit 38”. When exiting I93 North you want to go left at the end of the ramp and that will lead you into Wilmington.
- From 93 North and South Follow interstate 93 until you come to Exit 38; Wilmington, Reading. There will also be signs for the exit that read “Austin Preparatory School, Exit 38”. When exiting I93 North you want to go Right at the end of the ramp and that will lead you into Wilmington. When exiting I93 South you want to go Left at the end of the ramp and that will lead you into Wilmington.
- MBTAWilmington can be easily accessed by train via the Commuter Rail of the MBTA. You can take the train in and out of Boston and to points South and North using the Commuter Rail at either of Wilmington’s two train stations. North Wilmington Station provides service as far North as Haverhill and as far South as North Station, Boston. Wilmington Center Station provides service as far North as Lowell, and as far South as North Station, Boston.
MBTA. Information regarding the Commuter Rail stops and train schedules.
Wilmington can be accessed through any of the three surrounding airports, which all have readily accessible shuttle buses or car rental outlets. The airports' websites each have information about the transportation options available.
Logan Airport, Boston, Massachusetts.
Hanscom Airfield, Lexington, Massachusetts.
Manchester Airport, Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Baldwin Apple Monument: The Balwin Apple, one of the most popular types of apples in New England and New York, and also one of the most heavily exported apples from the US, was discovered in Wilmington. According to local tradition, the apple was found near Wood Hill by William Butters (1665-1746), son of Will Butter, first white settler in Wilmington. William Butters raised the tree in his yard, near the present Baldwin Apple Monument. A monument to the Baldwin apple now marks the location (on today's Chestnut Street in Wilmington). The monument's inscription reads: This monument marks the site of the first Baldwin Apple Tree found growing wild near here. It fell in the gale of 1815. The apple first known as the Butters, Woodpecker or Pecker apple was named after Col. Loammi Baldwin of Woburn. Erected in 1895 by the Rumford Historical Association. Wikipedia:Baldwin_(apple)
- Wilmington Town Museum at the Col. Joshua Harnden Tavern:
The Wilmington Town Museum at the Col. Joshua Harnden Tavern is owned by the town of Wilmington, Massachusetts and is dedicated to preserving and presenting the history of the town of Wilmington. The Museum is housed in an historic 18th century tavern and is an excellent example of quality construction practices of the late 18th century. Free tours of the Wilmington Town Museum are held on the first or second Sunday of the month between 2PM and 4PM The Museum is also open from September to June on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10AM to 2PM SUMMER HOURS - The Museum is open July and early August on Thursdays and Fridays from 10AM to 2PM 
- The Aleppo Shrine Auditorium: A 2,650-seat indoor arena located in Wilmington, Massachusetts. It was built in 1977 as the headquarters for the Aleppo Shriners, who had been based in Boston, Massachusetts since 1882. The Aleppo Shriners still own the auditorium today. The Auditorium features 37,000 square feet (3,400 m2) of exhibit space in the arena and 11,600 square feet (1,080 m2) of meeting space in three meeting rooms. Its main lobby features 3,300 square feet (310 m2) of space. The Auditorium can seat up to 4,150 for boxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts and concerts, among other events. As of February 2009, all mma events promoted by World Championship Fighting have been hosted at the Auditorium. Trade shows, sporting events, conventions, banquets and the Shrine Circus are also held at the Auditorium. The building is handicapped accessible and has a 24-foot (7 m) ceiling height. Because of its location in an office park off I-93, there is plenty of parking, including 1,500 in its own parking lot. The Auditorium is home of the Boston Derby Dames women's flat track roller derby league. Wikipedia:Aleppo Shrine Auditorium
- Ristuccia Ice Arena: Practice Arena for the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League. The Arena is also home to local High School teams and Select AAA and Junior teams.
- Silver Lake Swim Beach: Beach located on the shores of Silver lake. Open from June to mid September, and a lifeguard is present during designated hours.
- Wilmington Town Common: Located adjacent to Wilmington High School, the town common is a gathering place for the townspeople. Concerts and other community events are hosted on the Town Common. Also, the Wilmington Fourth of July Celebration is centered at the Town Common.
All Season Florist-, 230 Lowell Street, ☎ . Distinctive floral design; Gourmet, Fruit & Custom Gift Baskets; Balloon Bouquets.
Michaels Place-, 110 Lowell Street, ☎ . Regular and Italian Gourmet Menu
The Ninety-Nine Restaurant and Pub-, 144 Lowell Street, ☎ . Restaurant and Pub with Full service bar. Carside to-go also available.
Pizza Mia-, 363 Middlesex Avenue, ☎ . Pizza, Calzones, Sandwiches, Smoked/BBQ items, Pasta, Salads, and Grilled items.
Rocco’s Restaurant and Bar-, 193 Main Street, ☎ . Italian Dining with Full Service Bar. Enjoy Italian dining in a friendly atmosphere, or enjoy a drink at Rocco’s newly refurbished bar.
Royal Dynasty Restaurant-, 217 Lowell Street, ☎ . Specializing in Polynesian, Mandarin & Szechuan Cuisine.
Wilmington has strict laws about the consumption of alcohol in public venues. Accordingly, one must place an order for food when ordering an alcoholic beverage. There are no establishments in Wilmington that serve strictly as a "bar"; all bars have to be within the confines of a restaurant.
Hyatt Summerfield Suites - Burlington, 2 Van De Graaff Drive, toll-free: . Burlington, MA, 01803. . Outdoor pool with Jacuzzi, sports court, fitness center, barbecue pavilion and 24-hour on-site convenience store. Meeting facilities, complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffets daily and social hours Monday through Thursday. Complimentary high-speed Internet access, newspapers and grocery shopping service, wake-up calls upon request. Same-day dry cleaning service, free parking. Pre-arranged shuttle service within a five-mile radius of the hotel is available Monday-Friday 7-10am and 4-9pm.
Residence Inn By Marriott Boston, Woburn, 300 Presidential Way, toll-free: . Woburn, MA, 01801. . Studio suites with fully equipped kitchen, living and sleeping area. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Monday-Thursday evening hospitality hour in the gatehouse. Indoor swimming pool, heated spa, exercise room. Grocery shopping service, same day dry cleaning, daily house keeping, on-site convenience store and coin-operated laundry. Two-line telephones with data port, voicemail, and well-lit desk area.
Refer to the town of Wilingtons official website for a list of contact persons to help with any of your other inqueries. 
- Boston is the largest city in New England, the capital of the state of Massachusetts, and one of the most historic, wealthy and influential cities in the United States of America. Its plethora of museums, historical sights, and wealth of live performances, all explain why the city gets 16.3 million visitors a year, making it one of the ten most popular tourist locations in the country.
- Salem is best known for the "Salem Witch trials" even though the hysteria really started in what is now Danvers. The city is well worth a day-trip from Wilmington, or even a trip in its own right, to see what basically amounts to a three-dimensional textbook of American architectural history.
|Routes through Wilmington|
|Manchester ← Andover ←||N S||→ Woburn → Boston|
|Haverhill ← Andover ←||N S||→ END|