The first written record of Wilton dates back to 1640. During The Civil War, Wilton was one of the stops for the Underground Railroad. Wilton has transformed itself from a small farming town to a suburban residential community. The total population is about 18,000. In 2007, CNN Money voted Wilton one of the best places to live in the United States. Wilton is located in Connecticut's Gold Coast, it is one of the most affluent communities in the U.S. Wilton is desirable for its proximity to New York City. Wilton residents often travel to New York City for business purposes, as well as the surrounding cities of Norwalk, C.T. and Stamford, C.T.
From the SOUTH: Take I-95 N toward New Haven, take Exit 15 toward Norwalk/Danbury
From the NORTH: Take I-95 S, take Exit CT 15/Merritt and W. Cross PKWY
Greyhound has frequent bus routes and stops that go through Wilton
Metro North Railroad Amtrak (MTA) trains run through Wilton's town center
JFK Airport is located 55 miles south of Wilton
La Guardia Airport is located 45 miles south of Wilton
- Weir Farm National Historic Site, 735 Nod Hill Road, ☎ . Grounds open all year. Visitor Center: Spring through Fall - 10 am to 4 pm. Historically furnished home and art studios, rotating art and history exhibits, beautiful ground that have inspired many artists. Weir Farm historically inspired artists including Julian Alden Weir, Albert Pinkham Ryder, Childe Hassam, John Singer Sargent and Mahonri Young. The grounds continue to inspire artists and visitors today. Ranger-led tours are offered during visitor center hours, free of charge.
- The Heritage Museum, 224 Danbury Road, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-F 10AM-4:30PM and Sa 1PM-4PM. This Heritage Museum provides a glimpse of changes in rural New England. A suggested donation of $5.
- Merwin Meadows, 180 School Road. Merwin Meadows includes a pond, beautiful soccer fields and a playground. It is a great place to take children in the summer time. The Wilton Parks and Recreation holds a camp for school children at Merwin Meadows, during the summer months.
- River Road Gallery, 21 River Road, ☎ . River Road Gallery features a custom fine art and mirror framing store. The store features local and international artists.
- Hurlbutt Street School, 157 Hurlbutt Street, ☎ . The Hurlbutt Street School was built in 1834. It is one room and tours are available upon request.
- Quary Head Park, between 760 and 764 Ridgefield Road. Scenic trails for hiking and horseback riding.
- Allen's Meadow, 425 Danbury Road. Running trails and soccer fields
- Weir Pond and Swamp Loops, 735 Nod Hill. Voted one of the best running trails in Wilton
- Winged Monkey, 5 River Road, ☎ . Small boutique, displays the latest fashion trends.
- Witchy Poo, 24 Center Street, ☎ . Quaint store, great prices.
- Gap, 21 River Road, ☎ . Located in the heart of Wilton center, clothes for men, women and children
- Outdoor Sports Center, 80 Danbury Road, ☎ . The place to stock up on winter sports gear, the employees are knowledgeable and trustworthy.
- TJ Maxx, 14 Danbury Road, ☎ . Great deals, clothes for men, women and children
- Historical Christmas Barn, 146 Danbury Road, ☎ . The store features handmade Christmas goods
- Toy Chest, 21 River Road #700, ☎ . Provides the best toys available for children
- Chou Chou, 21 River Road #500, ☎ . Small boutique, specializes in woman's fashion,
- Open House, 9 Center Street, ☎ . Bridal registry available, offers the best selection of fashion and home products
- B Chic, 78 Old RidgeField Road, ☎ . Great fashion, polite staff
- Borders, 14 Danbury Road, ☎ . Had the latest books in stock, coffee shop featured in the store
- Wilton Pizza and Pasta, 202 Town Green. Features jazz music, great pizza and atmosphere.
- Orem's Diner, 167 Danbury Road, ☎ . Great family place, fabulous dinner food.
- Tom E Toes, 5 River Road, ☎ . Great location, Try the BBQ chicken pizza.
- Luca, 142 Old Ridgefield Road, ☎ . Zagat Rated, NY Times best restaurant in Fairfield County.
- Olde School House Grill, 34 Cannon Road, ☎ . Great food, great for brunch.
- Cactus Rose, 5 River Road.
- Portofino Restaurant, 12 Center Street, ☎ . Family restaurant, reasonable priced.
- Hunan Cafe 228 Town Green Center, +1 203-761-8998, great Chinese food, fabulous lunch prices.
- Pinocchio Pizza, 1 Center Street, ☎ . Great Italian style food, fast service.
- Soup Alley, 239 Danbury Road, ☎ . Best soup, great lunch destination.
- Village Luncheonette and Pizza, 88 Old Ridgefield Road, ☎ . Great for kids, great waitstaff.
- Marly's, 101 Old Ridgefield road, ☎ . Comfortable atmosphere, great steak.
- Village Market, 108 Old Ridgefield road, ☎ . Fine food, great service, catering is available
Wilton is a small town which was considered a "dry" town until 1993. Today, Wilton is considered "damp", which means that there are not any true bars or clubs located within the town.
- Georgetown Saloon, 8 Main Street, ☎ . Great entertainment, different bands featured throughout the month, also one of the only places to go out in the Wilton area.
- Sky Bar and Grille, 239 Danbury Road, ☎ . Perfect atmosphere, as well as great dining.
- Tavern on Seven, 611 Main Ave, ☎ . Although not directly located in Wilton, it is just a few minutes over the border, great party place, popular place for the locals.
- Starbucks, 21 River Road, ☎ . Casual place to socialize and study, it is located in the heart of Wilton's center, perfect spot to relax.
- Dunkin Donuts, 35 Danbury Road, ☎ . Conveniently located off the I-95 Exit, great place to stop before work for a cup of coffee.
Since Wilton is so small, it does not have any hotels or inns located within the town, but the neighboring town of Norwalk has several options.
Courtyard Norwalk +1 203 849-9111, 474 Main Avenue
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk +1 203 523-4000, 560 Main Avenue
Silvermine Tavern +1 203 847-4558, 194 Perry Avenue
Four Point Sheraton Norwalk +1 203 849-9828, 426 Main Avenue
|Routes through Wilton|
|Danbury ← Ridgefield ←||N S||→ Norwalk → Ends at|