Winton Airport (IATA: WIN)
There is a coach connection from the Spirit of the Outback to Longreach, servicing Winton.
- Waltzing Matilda Centre, 50 Elderslie St. 9AM-5PM. Tells the history of Banjo Patterson's famous ballad "Waltzing Matilda". $22.
- World's largest deckchair
- The historic Royal Theatre is one of the few remaining open air picture theatres in Australia.
- Combo Waterhole is believed to be the setting of the story "Waltzing Matilda".
- Arno's Wall, Vindex St (n Arno's Park, behind North Gregory Hotel). A wall decorated with scrap mechanical items.
- Musical Fence, off Manuka St (over the trainline - if entering Winton from the east, turn right at Manuka St where the signs tell you to turn left for the town centre). A collection of found-object percussion instruments, free for all to use.
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs (east of Winton, 11km off the highway on an unsealed road up a mountain). 8:30am-5pm. Tours showing dinosaur bones found locally, animations of the dinosaurs involved and how the bones are uncovered and preserved. $30.
- Lark Quarry Dinosaur Trackways, Winton-Jundah Road (65km southwest of Winton, some on unsealed roads). Dinosaur tracks. $12+.
- Bladensburg National Park (off Winton-Jundah Road, south of Winton).
- Outback Festival. September.