The closest airport is "Alexander the Great" airport about 20 km from Kavala. Planes, mostly touristic charters, fly all over Europe.
Air Berlin will operate every Monday and every Friday from 2 May 2008 to 31 October 2008 (Flights to/from Berlin, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Nuremberg, Vienna). Aegean (Flights to/from Athens daily)
By regional coach
Interurban coaches ("KTEL" buses) are by far the most convenient way to travel around Greece, as well as for intra-regional travelling. There is frequent bus service from Athens Kifisos Station to Xanthi, as well as from Thessaloniki bus terminal "Macedonia" to Xanthi.
Trains OSE connect Xanthi to other cities in Greece. Travelling with ordinary trains can be cheaper, although a little bit slower, whereas choosing a fancy faster Intercity train will cost the same amount of money, or even more than a KTEL bus.
- Fanarakia tavern, Georgiou Stavrou 18 (1 minute walk from the central square of the city), ☎ . Traditional tavern since 1948
- Xanthippi, 1st km Xanthis-Stavroupolis. Xanthippi is a modern restaurant with traditional flavours from Greece and the Balkans. It is located in the northern part of the city and it offers a spectacular view of the city and the valley of Xanthi.
- Filoxenia Hotel, Toxotes. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: noon. Filoxenia hotel is located in the quiet village of Toxotes, next to Nestos river and just 10km from Xanthi city.
- Z Palace (5*), Georgiou Kondili street, ☎ . Z Palace is located in the entrance of the city, a few steps from the train station and 15 minutes walk from the center of the city.
- Elisso Xenia Hotel (4*), Vas. Sofias 9, ☎ +30 25410 84400 & 84888. Elisso hotel is in the heart of the city , 1 minute from the bars and cafes, next to the river Kosinthos.
- Hotel Casino Xanthi (5*), Latomia, ☎ . It is located next to the casino of Xanthi.
- Elena Hotel (3*), Leoforos Stratou 2, ☎ . Elena hotel is located next to the river Kosinthos and a few steps from the famous Xanthi bazaar which takes place in Emporiou square every Saturday.
- Nestos Hotel (3*). Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00 - 13:00. Nestos Hotel is located in the west entrance of Xanthi. from 36 euro.