Xinlong (新龙; Xīnlóng) is the capital city of Nyarong. Altitude 3050m. Barshok in Tibetan.
- From Litang - Around ¥80 per person. About six hours along some good, and some bad roads. Watch out for soaring eagles and old watch-towers along the River Yalong
- From Ganzi - Around ¥30 per person. About three hours along good roads. More watch-towers and impressive scenery.
- Zera Gompa Monastery
- Kalzang Gompa - 1 1/2hours drive. Nyala Pema Dudul's monastery in Shanglangshi (Pinyin: Xionglongxi) Township on the sacred Mt. Drokar with Kalzang Gompa and a traditional wildlife sanctuary. The monastic community succefully protects the wildlife and it is easy to see blue sheep.
- Hotel - 51 Renmin Lu.
- Hotel - 11 Zhong Xin Jie. Clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff. ¥60 for a twin.
- Banking - Agricultural Bank of China without ATM on Renmin Lu.
- Internet - Available at 96 Renmin Lu. ¥4/hour.
- Post - China Post on Renmin Lu.