North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Mid-Hudson and Catskills > Dutchess County > Amenia (New York)
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor, +1 845 564-2100. The closest major airport, but at present offers few direct flights to major destinations.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Road, White Plains, +1 914 995-4860 (airlines). Two counties away, but an alternative to the congestion of the 3 major international airports around New York City. Rental cars available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey; John F. Kennedy International Airport; and LaGuardia Airport.
Taconic State Parkway to Route 44 into Amenia.
- Metro-North Railroad - Harlem line. Service between Wassaic station and New York City's Grand Central Terminal is about 2 hours. Local service is available between other Metro-North commuter stations. On-board train fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the vending machines at the Wassaic station.
There are several local buildings that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States, including the Indian Rock Schoolhouse, pictured on this page.
The Amenia Chamber of Commerce sponsors local events.
There are antique stores in the area.
- Troutbeck, 515 Leedsville Rd, ☏ . In the manner of an English country estate. Has pool, fishing, tennis, hiking, health club, ballroom.
|Routes through Amenia|
|END ←||N S||→ Brewster → White Plains|