Angola is a town of 9,300 people (2020) and the county seat of Steuben County in Northern Indiana. It is the home of Trine University.
- US 20 goes east-west through the center of town
- I-69 goes near the west side of town, and there are off-ramps at US 20 and N 200 W
- Indiana 127 and Indiana 827 come in from the north
- Old US 27 comes in from the south
Walking or riding a bike are the most common ways to get around downtown, although many large chains are closer to I-69, so driving might be the better way to go in that way.
- 1 Civil War Monument. Located in the Circle (roundabout of US 20 and Indiana SR 127 in the center of town) stands Steuben County's most popular monument, dedicated to people from Steuben County who fought in the Civil War. It has a plaque and small statue for each of the four branches of the military around the center pillar with a larger statue of Columbia on top.
- T. Furth Center for the Performing Arts, 500 W Maumee Street, ☏ . Run by Trine University, this beautiful performance hall was created from a former church and has had such acts as Lee Greenwood, The Charlie Daniels Band, and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, as well as various shows throughout the year from Trine's music department.
Known as "The County of 101 Lakes", there's plenty of nature surrounding you nearly anywhere you go.
- 1 Pokagon State Park, 450 Lane 100 Lake James, ☏ . One of Indiana's original six state parks, Pokagon is on Snow Lake and all three basins of Lake James. In the warmer months, you're greeted by picturesque trails, and in the colder months, a toboggan run provides the perfect winter fun day.
- 2 Zollner Golf Course, 1215 Park Avenue, ☏ . Trine University's 18-hole golf course that's open to the public.
- Brokaw Movie House, 200 N Public Square, ☏ . A historic movie theater that was adjacent to the once functioning and likewise historic Strand Theater.
- Then & Now Antique Mall, 200 W Maumee Street, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM; Su noon-5PM. Then & Now hosts a massive variety of antiques dealers in its three floors.
- Cahoots Coffee Cafe, 218 W Maumee Street, ☏ . M 8AM-3PM, Tu-F 8AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-9PM. A corner coffee shop that often has live acts and does a lot for local youth.
- Caruso's, 2435 N 200 W, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-F 11AM-2PM, 4-9PM; Sa Su 11:30AM-2PM, 4-9PM. A great-tasting Italian-American restaurant.
- Depot Mexican Grill (The Depot), 611 W Maumee Street. Daily 11AM-10PM. One of Trine University's on-campus restaurants, The Depot lets you choose what you want in your Mexican dish of choice by making it in front of you as you go down the line. There's also a salad bar, soup of the day, and flat-out amazing brownies.
- Timbers Steakhouse & Seafood, 1212 W Maumee Street, ☏ . Tu-Th Su 6AM-9PM, F Sa 6AM-10PMc closed Mondays. Reasonably priced and great tasting steaks, sandwiches, seafood, and many other things. Also has a full bar and an assortment of special days such as Italian Day and Mexican Fiesta.
- Ramada, 3855 N State Road 127 (I-69 Exit 354), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. The local Ramada has a pool, free breakfast, gym, is pet-friendly, and has many other amenities.
|Routes through Angola|
|Lansing ← Coldwater ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Auburn → Fort Wayne|
|South Bend ← Elkhart ←||W E||→ Fayette → Toledo|