North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia Region > Montgomery County (Pennsylvania) > Audubon (Pennsylvania)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audubon is a community in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was named for naturalist John James Audubon, who lived there as a young man. The population was 8,400 in 2010.
- John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove, 1201 Pawlings Road, Audubon, ☏ . The first American home of John James Audubon celebrates Audubon's artistic and scientific legacy. Small museum houses all of his major works on paper and several original oil paintings.Gift shop.
- Lower Perkiomen Valley Park, 101 New Mill Rd, Oaks, ☏ . Enjoy picnicking, band concerts (summer), fishing, hiking, jogging, cross-country skiing, and roller-blading.
- Eagleville Park, Parkland Dr, ☏ . Jogging trails, basketball, horseshoes, shuffle-board, tennis, hardball, playground and picnic pavilion by reservation. Eagleville is a small suburban town of about 10 streets and a population around 200. On the grounds of Eagleville Park is the Lower Providence public library and the Lower Providence police station.
- Schuylkill Canal Recreation Area, 400 Towpath Rd - Upper Providence Township, Mont Clare, ☏ . 60-acre linear park parallels Schuylkill River. 2.5-mile watered canal, tow path and trails for hiking, bird watching, boating, fishing. Remains of historic Lock 60 and beautifully restored Locktender's house.
- Par Breakers Golf Academy, 99 Brower Avenue - Suite 2300, Oaks, ☏ . An indoor driving range offering video lessons, this 10,000-sq-ft practice facility features nine driving stalls, short game area and sand bunker. Pro shop, golf camps and more.
- The Golf Club at Shannondell, 2750 Egypt Road, Audubon, ☏ . 18-hole golf course.
- 422 Business Center, 1230 East Circle Drive, Oaks, ☏ . More than million square feet of exciting recreation, entertainment, and retail shopping. Just seconds off the Oaks exit of route 422.
- 1 Sky Zone Oaks. - located in Oaks
- 2 Arnold's Family Fun Center, 2200 West Drive - 422 Business Center, Oaks, ☏ . Arnold's Family Fun Center offers go-karts, laser tag, bumper cars, duck pin bowling, inflatable bounces, and the largest arcade in the area.
- Chadwick's Restaurant & Bar, 2750 Egypt Road, Audubon, ☏ . Offering a perfect blend of casual American cuisine, relaxing family atmosphere and friendly service for a dining experience unmatched in the area. Open daily.
- Homewood Suites - Valley Forge, 681 Shannondell Boulevard, Audubon, ☏ . 123 studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites. Complimentary hot breakfast each morning and an evening social Monday through Thursday nights.