North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Kentucky > Western Waterlands > Benton (Kentucky)
The main routes into Benton are:
- Purchase Parkway – A controlled-access highway built as part of the state's "parkway" system of toll roads, but now a freeway. The highway, which runs in a general northeast-southwest direction, funnels in traffic from Interstate 24 to the north. It will eventually become part of Interstate 69. The main exit to Benton is Exit 43 (Kentucky Route 348). A second Benton exit, Exit 41 (US 641), is less useful for traffic heading into town, as it mainly serves to direct traffic heading to Murray.
- US 68 – A two-lane east-west highway whose western end is near Paducah, it provides access to Land Between the Lakes and the southern tier of Kentucky.
- US 641 – North of the city, it is a two-lane road running parallel to the Purchase Parkway. South of the city, it becomes a four-lane divided highway running to Murray.
- Kentucky Opry Country Music Show, 88 Chilton Rd, ☏ . A good, clean wholesome family show. The Kentucky Opry will entertain you with Gospel, Country, 50's and some great impersonations of your favorite Grand Ole Opry stars.
- Forgotten Past, 3390 US Hwy 68 E, ☏ . 42025. Go-carts, 18 hole miniature golf, bumper cars, museum, arcade and gifts. Open daily at 1PM, Memorial Day to Labor Day. Weekends in May and September. Located on US 68, 3 miles east of Draffenville.
- Benton Golf and Country Club, Golf Course Rd., +1 270 527-9673. 18 Holes / Open-Private.
- Birmingham Pointe Golf Club, Golf Course Rd., +1 270 354-5050. 18 Holes / Open-Private.
- The Marvel Golf Course, 55 Cross Rd, ☏ . 42025. 18 Holes / Semi-Private.
- Antiques Et Cetera & The Emporium, 1026 Main St, ☏ .
- Brenda's Antiques, 7776 US 68W, +1 270 898-6536.
- Floy's Antiques, 4397 US Hwy 68 W, ☏ .
- Lazy Ridge Country Store, 17 Cascade Hills Ln, ☏ .
- Martin's Country Store, 287 Cascade Hills Ln, ☏ .
- Odds & Ends, 95 N Main St, ☏ .
- Shop-O-Rama, US 68E, +1 270 527-8361.
- Treasured Memories, 1207 Main St, ☏ .
In addition to many chain restaurants, there are some local establishments in Benton:
- 4 Little Pigs BBQ, +1 270 527-9471.
- Bee Spring Lodge Restaurant, 573 Bee Spring Rd, toll-free: . Enjoy breakfast or lunch inside the cozy restaurant or outside at the patio. Full breakfast and lunch menu made to order. Grill is open 6AM-2PM daily, closed on Thursday.
- Belew's Dairy Bar, 150 Union Ridge Rd Benton, KY 42025, ☏ . Drive In restaurant. Open seasonally mid April through Labor Day.
- Benton Drive In 527-3484.
- Big Bear Resort Restaurant, 30 Big Bear Rd, toll-free: . Breakfast & lunch. Open for the fishermen.
- El Costeno Grille, +1 270 527-2797.
- Hutchen's BBQ, +1 270 527-9424.
- Lacey's Family Restaurant, +1 270 527-7275.
- Main Street Java, +1 270 527-1811.
- Majestic Pizza & Steakhouse, +1 270 527-1493.
- Parcell's Foods, +1 270 527-9300.
- Peking Chinese Restaurant, +1 270 527-2399.
The city of Benton is dry—no alcohol sales are allowed. Calvert City, about 10 miles north at the end of the Purchase Parkway, allows sales of alcohol by the drink in larger restaurants (seating at least 100). Mayfield (about 15 miles west on the parkway) also allows sales by the drink. Murray (about 20 miles south on 641) is fully wet, allowing package sales as well as sales by the drink.
- Aire Castle Bed & Breakfast, 435 Salem Chapel Rd. North, ☏ , toll-free: . 42025
- Azar Lodge, 272 Captains Ln, ☏ , , .
- Bee Spring Lodge, 626 Bee Spring Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Big Bear Resort, 30 Big Bear Resort Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Cedar Knob Resort, 1434 Cedar Knob Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Cozy Cove Waterfront Resort, 1917 Reed Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Dinner Bell Cottages 13444 US 68 E, +1 270 354-6521.
- Hester's Spot In The Sun, 350 Hester Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- High Ridge Resort, 40 Ridge Loop, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Hickory Hill Resort, 90 Hickory Hill Ln, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Holiday Inn Express, 173 Caroll Rd, ☏ .
- King Creek Resort & Marina, 972 King Creek Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Malcolm Creek Resort, 325 Gutherie Dr, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Shamrock Motel, 806 Main St, ☏ .
- Shawnee Bay Resort, 1297 Shawnee Bay Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Sportsman's Lodge, 12710 US 68 E, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Sportsman's Anchor Resort, 12888 US 68 E, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Southern Komfort Resort, 460 Southern Komfort Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Tall Oaks Bay, ☏ . Off US 68 near Jonathan Creek.
- Town & Country Resort, 1425 Gardner Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Whispering Oaks Resort, 267 Millers Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Bee Spring Lodge, 626 Bee Spring Rd, 42025, +1-800-732-0088. 12 sites.
- Big Bear Resort, 30 Big Bear Rd, 42025 +1-800-922-BEAR. 75 sites.
- Birmingham Point RV Park, 5295 Barge Island Rd, +1 270 354-8482. 15 sites.
- Lakeside Campground & Marina, 12363 US 68 E, +1-800-842-9018. On Kentucky Lake. 110 sites.
- Malcolm Creek Resort, 325 Guthrie Dr, +1-800-733-6713. On Kentucky Lake. 42 sites.
- Sportsman's Anchor Resort, 12888 US 68 E, +1-800-326-3625. On Kentucky Lake. 55 sites.
- Southern Komfort Resort, 460 Southern Komfort Rd, +1-800-526-4946. On Kentucky Lake. 200 sites.
- Town & Country Resort, 1425 Gardner Rd, +1-800-347-1470. 31 sites.
Most telephone numbers in Benton consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Benton|
|Marion ← Gilbertsville ←||N S||→ Murray → Clifton|