Zona Rosa, also known as "Zona T" for the T shaped area at its heart, is the prime nightclub district of Bogotá, and also home to plenty of upscale restaurants, nice hotels, and shopping. The area surrounding the zone proper is starting to look like the city's new, modern downtown, with big office buildings and folks in suits by day.
The Zona Rosa proper lies between Calles 79 and 85, and Carreras 11 and 15. There is plenty of garage parking, but it is the most expensive in the city. If driving in, expect traffic to be slow as molasses, always.
The closest stops on the Transmilenio are Héroes and Calle 85, although the street they're on can be a little dodgy later in the evening, albeit better than at Calle 76 on Avenida Caracas.
You can find busetas southbound towards downtown on Cras 11 and 7.
Zona G and Chapinero Central to the south and Parque 93 to the north are walkable, and this is easily the most delightful part of town for a stroll down quiet, leafy streets with pretty houses, restaurants dotting the way.
The Zona Rosa is home to Bogotá's most... expensive movie theater, which does sometimes show movies in English.
- MonoDedo, Cr.16 No 82-22, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Outdoors equipment and climbing information.
- Thundra Outdoors, Calle 82, No 12-62 (Close to Andino shopping mall and la Zona T.), ☎ , . 10AM to 7:30PM. Outdoors equipment : camping, trekking and climbing gear.
This zone has a mix of good dining, discos, shopping malls and more. It gets crowded on the weekend, and is popular with foreigners.
- Balzac, Calle 83 No. 12-19, ☎ , . French cuisine.
- Cafe Tostion, Carrera 12A No. 83-80, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Names after the Colombian sportsman, this coffee shop offers a wide variety of traditional coffees. Coffee grains are also available for purchase.
- Casa Mexicana, Calle 80 No. 14-08, ☎ , , e-mail: email@example.com. As the name suggests, this restaurants offers traditional Mexican dishes, and includes a variety of beers, tequilas, and margaritas.
- Club Colombia, Avenida 82 No 9-16, ☎ , . Colombian cuisine.
- Crepes & Waffles, Carrera 12A No. 83-40, ☎ . This chain restaurant has great crepes, both sweet and savory, and waffles, as well as soups and salads, for a great price!
- Hard Rock Cafe Bogota, Calle 81 No. 13-05, ☎ . The world-famous Hard Rock Cafe offers all of its favorites in a great atmosphere.
- Andres D.C. (De Corazon), Calle 82 # 11 - 57, ☎ . Opened in September 2009, this is an extension of the Chia Restaurant right next to la Zona T and thus a lot more accessible. It stretches over 4 floors in the Retiro shopping mall and is a bit more orientated towards dining than partying. The menu has 32 pages and offers more than 800 options. Plan on spending a lot of money.
- Gnoveva, Calle 84 Bis No 14A-08. Very cheap. Lower prices, the music and the people are great, no cover and a bottle of aguardiente is $35000 pesos.
- Kubiko Bar, Carrera 12A No 83-49 (Zona T), ☎ . This bar offers imported beers and great cocktails, they also featured a live DJ that plays the latest electronic music. No cover.
- Pravda, Cll. 83 No 12-20 (Zona T), ☎ . Best Martinis in town, also a little pricey. Try the Lychee Martini.
- 1 Chapinorte Hostel Bogota, calle 79 14-59 apt 301 & 402 (Zona Rosa), ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Is the preferred accommodation for backpackers and world travelers who visit the safest and funniest area within Bogota: Zona Rosa, T Zone and Park 93. They are the first one hostel in north Bogota, surrounded by the most importat universities, embassies, parks, shopping and finnacial centers, banks, restaurants, bike roads,theatres, T & G Zone, Park 93 and not away from the historical, cultural and tourist centers. The rooms are spacefull, lightly, comfortables and includes wi-fi, towel, breakfast and hotel taxes.
- [dead link] North House Hostel Zona Rosa, Cra. 18 No. 80-66, Zona Rosa, ☎ . Check-in: 1PM., check-out: 12PM.. New Hostel in the heart of the exciting Zona Rosa, much safer than La Candelaria. Close to everything. Offers clean rooms, new mattresses, big fully-equipped kitchen, hot water, laundry facilities, wifi and coffee, and nice private backyard. Dorms: 17.000 - 20.000, Private and Dobles: 25.000 - 50.000. Rates from 17,000 COP to 20,000 COP.
- Hotel Excelsior, Carrera 14 # 86A-96, ☎ .
- 2 84DC Hotel, Calle 84 No 9-67, Barrio la Cabrera, ☎ . 84DC Hotel provides standard, business rooms and junior suite with 42-inch colored TV, mini-bar and Wi-Fi internet access. Its facilities and services include conference room, fitness room, room and laundry service.
- 3 Cabrera Imperial, Calle 83 9-64, ☎ . It offers rooms equipped with kitchen with microwave oven, air-conditioning, safe, cable television and DVD player. Some of its facilities and services are indoor swimming pool, sauna, fitness room, room service, car rental and airport transfer. Rates start at 537,600.00 COP.