Teusaquillo-Salitre located in between the El Dorado International airport and Bogota's Historic Center, Teusaquillo is a borough, located at the Geographical center of Bogota. Teusaquillo is a massive district, with huge high-end shopping, planned residential neighborhoods, thriving financial centers with huge skyscrapers and modernist buildings, as well as extensive parks, green areas, and public spaces. El Chapinero, Teusaquillo's gravitational center is located along the Avenida El Dorado. In Teusaquillo's core is the huge Metropolitan Simon Bolivar park and olympic stadiums, renowned globally as one of the greatest Urban Parks in the World, comparable to New York's Central Park.
Teusaquillo is home to the impressive campus of the National University of Colombia, second largest in area in South America, the imposing fortress of the U.S. Embassy, the Parque Metropolitano Simon Bolivar, also known as Bogota's "Green lung", considered to be one of the World's largest urban parks, the planned city of Ciudad Salitre and its burgeoning business district, as well as the majority of the city' olympic sports venues and stadiums. Located in Teusaquillo is Ciudad Salitre, one of the best planned urbanizations in Bogota, and a renowned business center. With famous shopping malls and hotels such as the Grand Hyatt Bogota. The Parque Simon Bolivar is twice the size of NYC’s Central Park, it is great place to escape from the hectic life of the metropolis of Bogota. Revive that strong connection to nature, while being minutes away from some of the city's best financial centers and shopping malls, finding a place where architecture and nature meet. A must-see destination for all visitors to Bogota, especially for outdoor lovers, who can enjoy over 400 hectares of bicycle paths, tennis courts, soccer courts, volleyball courts, basketball courts, to lakes, various pic-nic areas, as well as one of the city's main Amusement Park; the famed Salitre Magico.
Ciudad Salitre located in the borough of Teusaquillo makes for a one of a kind sightseeing experience with its ample offerings in public venues for Sports, Outdoor activities, wide avenues, and vast financial centers. Ciudad Salitre is the ultimate destination for sports fans, being where the majority of the city's major olimpic stadiums and sports complexes are located, including the impressive, and newly built, Simon Bolivar Olympic Water Complex, the biggest and most modern water complex of all of South America with over 20 Olympics size pools and training centers, as well as home to the Nemesio Camacho Campin stadium, the largest soccer stadium in Bogota, and one of Colombia's major soccer stadiums, with a capacity for 45,000 spectators. The area of ciudad Salitre is a major hub, for the city's league venues for all sorts of disciplines and sports, such as tennis, track and field, basketball, volleyball, hockey, soccer, swimming, ping-pong, squash, base-ball, and bowling all within walking distance of each other. The ciudad Salitre olympic sport complexes are seat to World class events year around, including the renowned 2022 World Weightlifting championships, and the 2018 Americas open championships held in Bogota. Outdoor fans will find the city's biggest Public Park (Simón Bolívar), home to the most crowded open-air concerts and festivals year-round, and favorite destination for all sorts of activities such as jogging, biking, kite-flying, pedal-boating, kayaking, walkims etc. Culture fans will be at home with the district's offerings of Museums, including a Botanical Garden displaying the most amazing floral showcase of the continent. The district also contains Ciudad Salitre, the best planned residential zone of the city where upper middle class and some of the upper class of the city has its residency; this part of the city offers a very good mix of services, residence and infrastructure.
- 1 Jardín Botánico José Celestino Mutis, Calle 63 No 68-95, ☏ . Colombia's largest botanical garden places an emphasis on Andean and Páramo ecosystems, but features plants from every region, altitude, and ecosystem in Colombia. The garden was founded in 1955. 2,000 COP.
- 2 Maloka, Cra 68D No 24A-51 (Neighborhood El Salitre), email@example.com. Built in 1998, Maloka is one of the only science centers in South America. It houses interactive exhibitions about biodiversity, physics, telecommunications, conquest of space and environment protection as well as the only dome theater of the continent. Interactive exhibitions : 9,000 COP / Dome theater : 11,000 COP.
- 3 Salitre Magico (Parque El Salitre). 10:30AM - 6:00PM. Amusement park.
- Movistar Arena Bogota, Diagonal. 61c #26-36, Teusaquillo, ☏ . The Arena Movistar is one of Bogota's major sporting and event complexes.It was inaugurated in the 1970's with a capacity of over 14,000 spectators. It holds thousands of events every year ranging from concerts, to tennis matches, to scientific expositions, to business forums. It was one of the first covered arenas in Colombia and Latin America, and to this day remains one of the most important sporting and event centers in South America.
- 4 National Geological Museum (Museo Geológico Nacional José Royo y Gómez), Diagonal 53 #34-53, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-F 9AM-4PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. Geologic collection of fossils, minerals and rocks from Colombia and abroad. Free (bring a copy of passport as ID for entry).
- 5 Museum of Natural History (Museo de Historia Natural), Cra 30 #45-03 (Within the National University of Colombia grounds), ☏ , email@example.com. M-F 8AM-noon and 1-5PM, Sa 9AM-noon (closed Su). Exhibits showcasing archeological history of humans, fossilized and taxidermied marine mammals, birds and animals in Colombia. General public: COP $6700. Under 3 or over 60: free.
- Gran Estación, It is localed at Av. Calle 26 No. 62-47, ☏ . A very modern mall, located in the west of the city near to airport El Dorado. Here you can find several shops, pubs, coffee bar, market, restaurants, banks and cinemas and different places with 100% of entertainment.
There is for example 1 street food with delicious burritos and arepas, at Cl. 45 #15-19. The burritos are from COP$8,000 (Nov 2021) and big arepas from COP$5,500 (Nov 2021). There is a menu card where you can choose from. The food stall is there every day from 10AM to 10PM.
- Hotel Park Way, Av. Carrera. 24 No. 39 B-32 La Soledad, ☏ . Hotel Park Way offers single, double and triple rooms with 24-hour internet connection, mini-bar and breakfast. Its facilities and services include Wi-Fi internet access, cultural artifacts shop, fax and laundry services.
- Hotel Santafe Real, Avenida Esperanza 40-31, ☏ . All rooms are equipped with cable television, kitchen, dining area, and minibar. Some of its facilities and services include 24-hour front desk, restaurant, room service, safe deposit boxes, terrace, and Wi-Fi connection. Room rates start at COP$142,000.
- Bogota Marriott Hotel, Av. El Dorado n.º 69b - 53, ☏ , fax: . Has 264 rooms and 15 suites with service high speed internet, a desk for visitors to the city for work and soundproof windows. It offers spacious meeting rooms, pool, gym, 3 treatment rooms for massages and spa services, a Japanese restaurant and other Italian food. Prices range between $200-800.
- Grand Hyatt Hotel Bogota, Calle 24 A # 57 – 60, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Five-star hotel built in a contemporary building. Amenities include two restaurants, two hotel bars, a semi-olympic pool, a sauna room, a 24-hour concierge and front-desk services, 24-hour room service, a lounge area various meetings rooms, a large buffet, a Jacuzzi, and the largest spa in all of South America. Rates are usually in between the 300 and 500 US dollars. US$400.
- Bogota Sheraton Hotel (Cl. 25B #Nº 69 C-80, Ciudad Salitre), ☏ . Modern hotel building in a contemporary environment. This hotel includes amenities such as a restaurant and a lounge/bar, a business center, a buffet breakfast, a spa, a sauna, a pool, a hot tub, and airport transportation. US$150.
- Hilton Bogota Corferias, Cra. 37 #24 29, Teusaquillo, ☏ . Five-star hotel in a landmark design glass skyscraper. Amenities include a pool, over 15 meetings rooms, a hotel lounge and bar, two restaurants, a sauna, a Jacuzzi, and 24-hour room, concierge, and front-desk service. Prices are usually around the 150 to 300 dollars.
- Double tree by Hilton Salitre, No. 22-99, Ave. Carrera 60. Modern chic hotel with a two restaurants, a wellness and fitness, business meetings, a hotel shuttle, a spa, a sauna. Price is usually between 90 and 150 US dollars.