Jump to navigation Jump to search
1 Széchenyi fürdő is at the center of City Park, 2 Hősök tere and 3 Mexikói út are located on the edge of the area. has one metro station located at the southern edge of Istvánmező: 4 Puskás Ferenc Stadion.has three metro stations here:
Tram linecrosses the area by connecting Kacsóh Pongrác út, Zugló vasútállomás and Puskás Ferenc Stadion. The City Park is well covered by trolleybus lines: , , , and .
Historical buildings and statues
- 1 Millennium Monument (Millenniumi emlékmű), XIV, Hősök tere ( ). This is one of Budapest's emblematic sights, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Made for the 1000th birthday of Hungary in 1896. Dedicated to a handful of outstanding Hungarian statesmen, kings and heroes who tried to make Hungary a better place and a thriving independent country. Free to visit.
- The tall column in the middle is topped by a statue of the archangel Gabriel. In his right hand the angel holds the Holy Crown of Saint Stephen, the first king of Hungary. In his left hand the angel holds a two barred apostolic cross, a symbol awarded to Saint Stephen by the Pope in recognition of his efforts to convert Hungary to Christianity. In Hungarian it is referred to as the double cross or the apostolic double cross.
- At the base of the column is a group of seven mounted figures representing the Magyar chieftains who led the Hungarian people into the Carpathian basin. In the front is Árpád, considered the founder of the Hungarian nation. Behind him are the chieftains Előd, Ond, Kond, Tas, Huba, and Töhötöm (Tétény). Little survives in the historical record about these individuals and both their costumes and their horses are considered to be more fanciful than historically accurate.
- Statues in the left colonnade are kings of Hungary: Stephen I, Ladislaus I, Coloman, Andrew II, Béla IV, Charles I, Louis I. Topping the outer edge of the left colonnade is a statue of a man with a scythe and a woman sowing seed, representing Labor and Wealth. At the inner top edge of the left colonnade is a male figure driving a chariot using a snake as a whip representing War.
- Statues in the right colonnade are Hungarian statesmen: John Hunyadi, Matthias Corvinus, István Bocskay, Gabriel Bethlen, Imre Thököly, Francis II Rákóczi, Lajos Kossuth. On the facing end of the right colonnade is a female figure in a chariot holding a palm frond representing Peace. In the corresponding position on the top of right colonnade is a statue of a man holding a little golden statue and a woman with a palm frond representing Knowledge and Glory.
- 2 Vajdahunyad Castle (Vajdahunyad vára), XIV, Vajdahunyadvár ( ). While loosely modelled after a Transylvanian fortress of the same name, the building is not really a castle at all. It is a full-scale model built for Hungary's 1896 millennial celebrations. The structure has three distinct wings, one Gothic, one Romanesque and one Baroque, making it quite a bizarre sight when seen from a distance. But sneak up closer and its magic will be revealed: thanks to the moat, the trees and the carefully laid footpaths, you can usually only see one section at a time. The attention to detail (all copied from real sites around the country) has been painstaking, so it's like seeing three extraordinarily pretty castles rolled into one. The structure was supposed to be only a temporary one, but Budapest's people liked it so much that it was rebuilt to last. It is on an island in the middle of the park's lake. Free to visit.
- 3 Statue of Anonymous (Anonymus-szobor), XIV, Vajdahunyadvár ( ). Created by Miklós Ligeti in 1903. Anonymus was the notary and chronicler of a Hungarian King, probably Béla III. Free to visit.
- 4 Statue of George Washington (George Washington-szobor), XIV, Washington György sétány ( ). Created by Gyula Bezerédi in 1906. Free to visit.
- 5 Timewheel (Időkerék), XIV, Dózsa György út ( / ). One of the world's largest hourglasses. It is made of granite, steel, and glass, and weighs 60 tons. The "sand" (actually glass granules) flows from the upper to the lower glass chamber for one year. The sand runs out on New Year's Eve and the Timewheel is then turned 180 degrees so the flow of the sand can resume for the next year. The turning is accomplished by four people pulling cables, and takes roughly 45 minutes to complete. The Timewheel was unveiled on 1 May 2004 to commemorate the historic enlargement of the European Union that admitted Hungary (along with nine other countries) to the EU. János Herner thought up and built the Timewheel after an architectural design done by István Janáky. Free to visit.
- 6 Institute for Blinds (Vakok Intézete), XIV, Ajtósi Dürer sor 39 ( / ). Built in 1904 in Art Nouveau style.
- 7 Stefánia Palace (Stefánia Palota), XIV, Stefánia út 34-36 ( ). Built in 1895 in Neo-Baroque style.
- 8 Geological Institute (Földtani Intézet), XIV, Stefánia út 14 ( ). The Art Nouveau building was designed by Ödön Lechner in 1896.
- 9 Budapest Zoo and Botanical Garden (Fővárosi Állat- és Növénykert), XIV, Állatkerti körút 6-12 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Nov–Feb: 09:00–16:00; Mar Oct: M–F 09:00–17:00, Sa Su 09:00–17:30; Apr Sep: M–F 09:00–17:30, Sa Su 09:00–18:00; May–Aug: 09:00–18:00, Sa Su 09:00–19:00. The oldest zoo park in Hungary and one of the oldest in the world. It has 1,072 animal species. The zoo opened its doors in. The park has 1–1.1 million visitors every year. The area is a nature reserve, and has some valuable Art Nouveau buildings designed by Kornél Neuschloss and Károly Kós. The most special animals that are present in the zoo are the Komodo dragon and the wombat. Adult: 3300 Ft; senior, student: 2500 Ft; children: 2200 Ft.
- 10 Museum of Fine Arts (Szépművészeti Múzeum), XIV, Dózsa György út 41 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Su 10:00–18:00. It was built by the plans of Albert Schickedanz and Fülöp Herzog in an eclectic-neoclassical style, between 1900 and 1906. The museum's collection is made up of international art (other than Hungarian), including all periods of European art, and comprises more than 100,000 pieces. It has an incredible range of European artwork from Greek and Roman times to the present. It is best known for its Spanish collection, the largest accumulation of Spanish paintings outside Spain. There is a large Greek and Roman collection, an Egyptian collection, much Italian (also French, German and Dutch) sculpture, including a statue of a man on horseback by da Vinci. The collection is made up of older additions such as those from Buda Castle, the Esterházy and Zichy estates, as well as donations from individual collectors. The museum's collection is made up of six departments: Egyptian, Antique, Old sculpture gallery, Old master paintings gallery, Modern collection, Graphics collection. Adult: 2800 Ft; senior, student: 1400 Ft.
- 11 Hall of Art (Műcsarnok), XIV, Dózsa György út 37 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu W F–Su 10:00–17:45, Th 12:00–19:45. The large Neoclassical style structure, designed by architects Albert Schickedanz and Fülöp Herczog, was built in 1896 for millennium celebrations. The art gallery hosts temporary exhibits contemporary art by Hungarian and international artists. Adult: 2200 Ft; senior, student: 1100 Ft.
- 12 Millennium House (Millennium Háza), XIV, Olof Palme sétány 1 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–F 09:00–17:00, Sa Su 10:00–18:00; Millennium Cafe: Tu–F 10:00–21:00, Sa Su 10:00–22:00. Built in 1885 in Neo-Renaissance style. It was built for the Hall of Art, designed by Ferenc Pfaff. It soon became obvious that the building was not suitable for that, because it was not large enough, and it was far from the main roads. Renovated in 2019. There is a cafe and an exhibition about the history of City Park. Adult: 1400 Ft; senior, student: 700 Ft.
- 13 Museum of Hungarian Agriculture (Magyar Mezőgazdasági Múzeum), XIV, Vajdahunyadvár ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Su 10:00–17:00. Housed in Vajdahunyad Castle's baroque wing, this is the only part open to the public and it now houses the exhibits on breathtaking topics like cattle breeding and fishing. Adult: 1600 Ft; senior, student: 800 Ft.
- 14 SportAgora – Hungarian Olympic and Sport Museum (SportAgóra – Magyar Olimpiai és Sportmúzeum), XIV, Ifjúság útja 2 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Su 10:00–17:00. Exhibition space. Upstairs you can visit the Ferenc Puskás Stadium Visitor Center, where interactive devices are used to showcase the past of the National Stadium and the newly built Stadium. On the ground floor you will find the Olympic History Exhibition. Free entrance.
- 15 Liget Gallery, XIV, Ajtósi Dürer sor 5 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 10:30–16:30. Art gallery.
- 16 Ják Chapel (Jáki-kápolna), XIV, Vajdahunyadvár ( ). This is a copy of a Romanesque chapel in Ják. Ják is a village in Western Transdanubia.
- 17 Hermina Chapel (Hermina-kápolna), XIV, Hermina út 23 ( ). Built in 1856 in Romantic style.
- 18 Queen of the Rosary Roman Catholic Parish Church (Rózsafüzér Királynéja római katolikus plébániatemplom), XIV, Thököly út 58 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Built in 1915.
- 19 Church of Franciscan Missionaries of Mary (Ferences Mária Misszionárius Nővérek temploma), XIV, Hermina út 19 ( ).
- 20 Zugló Synagogue (Zuglói zsinagóga), XIV, Thököly út 83 ( ).
- 1 Capital Circus of Budapest (Fővárosi Nagycirkusz), XIV, Állatkerti körút 12/a ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Ticket office: M–F Su 10:00–18:00, Sa 10:00–19:00. The circus was opened in 1889, and it has changed locations since then. Its current building opened in 1971 and is the only stone circus in Central Europe. It seats 1450 people, and features animal, clown and artistic performing acts. Since it is a stone circus, its operation is independent from weather, and therefore it is opened both in summer and winter. 1500 Ft–4500 Ft.
- 2 Lipták Villa, XIV, Hermina út 3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M W F 08:00–20:00, Tu Th 08:00–21:00, Sa 09:00–17:00. Community center.
- 3 Széchenyi Thermal Bath (Széchenyi Gyógyfürdő), XIV, Állatkerti körút 9-11 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 06:00–22:00. It is one of the largest bath complexes of its kind in Europe and was the first baths to be built in Pest side. The ticket includes a number of wellness services in addition to the traditional balneological services. These include saunas, gyms, aerobic and group exercises in the pool. Ticket: 5500 Ft–6200 Ft.
- The bath was built in 1909 in the present-day City Park. This is the largest spa in Europe, and probably the nicest one in Budapest. A vast bath complex amidst beautiful architecture, it contains 3 outdoor pools including a large lap pool, at least 3 sauna rooms, and several indoor pools at different temperatures. Outdoors: Two hot soaking pools (30 °C (86 °F) and 38 °C (100 °F)) and one swimming pool (26–28 °C (79–82 °F)) are all open-air (even in winter), and form the center of the baths. All facilities are shared by men and women (except shower and toilets). There's a swimming tube (a whirling corridor): round- (outdoors) or rectangle-shaped (indoors) pool with artificial flow, a feature difficult to find elsewhere. Another speciality is a tradition to play chess while sitting in the water – even in winter. One or two cafes/juice bars are available directly from the swimming deck, near the cabins, year-round. Indoors: Several saunas, one steam bath. Cold-water pool, hot tubs, aqua-gym pool with weights. Northern part of indoor baths is more modern and clean.
- Some practical information:
- There are warnings that the baths are not suitable for children under 14 years because of the temperature of the pools. These warnings are widely ignored and may infants will be seen enjoying the various pools. There are however no discounted rates for children.
- It is recommended not to store valuables in the lockers, use the safe boxes for 500 Ft (well worth the peace of mind). Signs warn they are not responsible for losses except for safe boxes. The attendant will ask you to write a "code" word on a piece of paper. This paper is placed in the box along with your valuables, and you will be given a physical key. When retrieving your items, the attendant will ask you for the "code" and check it against the paper in the box.
- It is recommended that you bring your own towel or bathrobe and sandals, as the cost of renting these items is expensive.
- 4 Once Upon a Time Castle (Holnemvolt Vár), XIV, Állatkerti körút 14-16 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed in 2021 due to reconstruction. Amusement park for kids. 1600 Ft. Tickets for the Zoo are also valid for this area.
- 5 PriZone Escape, XIV, Dózsa György út 11 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. W–F 14:00–22:00, Sa Su 10:00–22:00. Escape game. 2990 Ft per person.
- 6 City Park Ice Rink and Boating Lake (Városligeti Műjégpálya és Csónakázótó), XIV, Olof Palme sétány 5 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Skating: Dec–Feb: 09:00–13:00 17:00–21:00. Boating: Apr–Oct: 10:00–sunset. Opened in 1870, it is the largest and one of the oldest ice rinks in Europe. In summer months the area is filled up with water to create a pond, which is primarily used for boating. Skating: 1000 Ft–2000 Ft for adult, 800 Ft–1500 Ft for senior, student. Boating: 1800 Ft per 30 minutes for two persons.
- 7 Városliget Sports Centre, XIV ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 5 multifunctional sports fields, 2 km and 200 m running track, outdoor gym, 2 teq tables, 13 chess tables, 4 ping-pong tables, 1 petanque court. Artificial grass football field (Városligeti Miniaréna): 10,000 Ft per hour; rubber covered basketball court (Kosárlabda Miniaréna): 7000 Ft. Other sport fields can be used for free.
- 8 Aktív Squash Club, XIV, Tábornok utca 7 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:00–22:00, Sa Su 09:00–22:00. 2400 Ft–4380 Ft.
- National Police and Fireman Day (Országos Rendőr- és Tűzoltónap). In April. Free to visit.
- City Park Children's Day (Városligeti Gyermeknap), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. In May. Free to visit.
- Thousand Lanterns Night (Ezer Lámpás Éjszakája), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In May. Free to visit.
- Rosalia Wine Festival, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. In May. Free to visit.
- Our Castle! – National Tradition and Cultural Castle Festival (Miénk a Vár! – Országos hagyományőrző és kulturális várfesztivál), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In June. Free to visit.
- Vajdahunyad Castle Summer Music Festival (Vajdahunyadvári Nyári Zenei Fesztivál), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. In July. 3900 Ft–5900 Ft.
- National Gallop (Nemzeti Vágta), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In October. 4000 Ft–5000 Ft.
- New Wine and Cheese Festival in Hungary (Magyarországi Újbor- és Sajtfesztivál), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. In November. 3900 Ft.
- 1 Récsei Center, XIV, Istvánmezei út 6 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 09:00–20:00, Sa 09:00–18:00, Su 09:00–17:00; Príma Supermarket: M–F 07:00–20:00, Sa 07:00–18:00, Su 07:00–16:00; Repeta Bistro: M–F 07:00–18:00, Sa 08:00–17:00, Su 08:00–15:00; Vadon Cafe and Confectionery: M–Sa 09:00–20:00, Su 09:00–18:00. Shopping center. Services: supermarket, self-service restaurant, confectionery, furniture store, clothes store, book store, drug store, indoor playground, pharmacy, post office. Lunch menu in the bistro: 890 Ft.
- 2 Reál, XIV, Ilka utca 25 ( ). M–F 06:30–21:00, Sa–Su 08:00–20:00. Convenience shop.
- 3 Bábel Art, XIV, Gundel Károly út 4 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10:00–18:00. Antique shop.
- 4 Csigaház, XIV, Hermina út 2 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 09:00–18:00, Sa 09:00–15:00. Gift shop. It sells shells, pearls, minerals, semi-precious stones.
|This page uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:|
|Budget||Under 2000 Ft|
|Mid-range||2000 Ft–2600 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 2600 Ft|
- 1 Hermina Canteen, XIV, Hermina út 17 ( ), ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 07:00–15:00, F 07:00–14:00. Food bar. 1090 Ft, lunch menu: 1090 Ft.
- 2 Il Kantin, XIV, Ilka utca 31 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 11:00–15:00. Food bar. 1200 Ft, lunch menu: 1200 Ft.
- 3 Moha Bistro, XIV, Gizella út 40-42 ( ), ☏ . M–F 09:00–15:00. Food bar. 1490 Ft, lunch menu: 1180 Ft.
- 4 Planetsport Restaurant, XIV, Dózsa György út 1 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:45–15:00. Self-service restaurant. 1090 Ft.
- 5 Rezsó Restaurant, XIV, Hungária körút 179-187 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–15:00. Self-service restaurant. 1080 Ft, lunch menu: 990 Ft.
- 6 Vanek Úr Polgári Étkezde, XIV, Kerepesi út 34 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:30–15:00. Food bar. 990 Ft.
- 7 Egressy Udvar, XIV, Hungária körút 77 ( ), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00–22:00. Food truck yard. Food trucks: GR Gyros (Greek cuisine), Mexikói Büfé (Mexican cuisine), Pici Haspók Falatozó (Hungarian cuisine), Piknik UtczaBár (gourmet burgers), Pizz'Burger (pizzaburgers), Zabáljcsak BBQ (pulled pork sandwiches).
- 8 Fehér Elefánt Büfé, XIV, Állatkerti körút 8 ( ), ☏ . 09:00–20:00. Fast food bar. 1700 Ft, hamburger: 900 Ft.
- 9 Jurta KoRcsma, XIV, Thököly út 95 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Pub: M–Th 11:00–23:00, F 11:00–01:00, Sa 12:00–01:00, Su 14:00–23:00; restaurant: M–Sa 11:00–22:30. Pub and restaurant. 1790 Ft, lunch menu: 990 Ft.
- 10 Ligeti Lángos, XIV, Állatkerti körút 3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00–19:00. Lángos bar. Lángos: 950 Ft.
- 11 Regiment Restaurant, XIV, Stefánia út 34-36 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:30–15:00, Sa Su 11:30–16:00. Traditional restaurant. 2050 Ft, lunch menu: 1050 Ft.
- 12 Stefano Pizzeria, XIV, Hungária körút 15 ( ), ☏ . 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 1990 Ft, pizza: 1390 Ft, lunch menu: 990 Ft.
- 13 Bagolyvár Restaurant, XIV, Gundel Károly út 4 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 12:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 3320 Ft.
- 14 Nyereg, XIV, Városligeti körút 2 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–W 10:00–19:00, Th–Su 10:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with international cuisine. 3190 Ft.
- 15 Pántlika, XIV, Hermina út ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. May–Sep: 11:30–22:00. Open-air pub and fast food bar. 2590 Ft, hamburger: 1490 Ft.
- 16 Stefánia Pizzeria, XIV, Stefánia út 32 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant and pizzeria. 2650 Ft, pizza: 1490 Ft, lunch menu: 1490 Ft.
- 17 Széchenyi Garden Restaurant (Széchenyi Kertvendéglő), XIV, Állatkerti körút 9-11 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2990 Ft.
- 18 Terrace Cafe, XIV, Egressy út 16 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–W Su 11:00–22:30, Th–Sa 11:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant. 2550 Ft, hamburger: 1990 Ft, lunch menu: 1250 Ft.
- 19 Zöld Küllő, XIV, Paál László út ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Apr–Oct: W–Su 10:00–22:00. Open-air pub and fast food bar. 2530 Ft, hamburger: 1490 Ft.
Cafe and breakfast
- 1 Cafe Mundo, XIV, Dózsa György út 3 ( ). M–F 07:00–19:00, Sa 08:00–12:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. Lunch menu: 1800 Ft.
- 2 Katica Cafe, XIV, Stefánia út 39 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–18:00, Sa Su 09:00–18:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. Lunch menu: 2380 Ft.
- 3 Léghajó Kert, XIV ( ). 09:00–19:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. Lunch menu: 1650 Ft.
- 4 Piknik Kert, XIV ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th Su 11:00 – 22:00, F Sa 11:00–00:00. Open-air cafe and grill bar. Tortilla: 2090 Ft.
- 5 Stefánia Park Cafe and Bistro, XIV, Stefánia út 101-103 ( ), ☏ . M–F 08:00–16:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. Lunch menu: 1550 Ft.
Cafe and confectionery
- 6 Aranytölcsér Confectionery and Cafe, XIV, Thököly út 44 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 11:00–21:00, Su 12:00–21:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 7 CukiZoo, XIV, Állatkerti körút 6-12 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 09:00–18:00, Sa Su 09:00–19:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 8 Édes Mackó, XIV, Állatkerti körút 14-16 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00–16:00. Kürtőskalács shop and cafe.
- 9 Habzsi-Dőzsi Sugar-free Confectionery, XIV, Thököly út 87 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00–18:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 10 Kürtős Liget, XIV, Állatkerti körút ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10:00–19:00. Kürtőskalács shop and cafe.
- 11 Pince Confectionery, XIV, Thököly út 85 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:30–18:00, Sa Su 10:00–16:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 12 Dózsa Pub (Dózsa Söröző), XIV, Dózsa György út 9 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00–00:00.
- 13 Félidő Pub, XIV, Kerepesi út 24 ( ). M–Th 08:00–22:00, F Sa 08:00–23:00, Su 12:00–20:00.
- 14 Gusztáv Pub, XIV, Hungária körút 62/b ( ), ☏ . M–F 14:00–23:00, Sa 18:00–23:00.
- 15 Jamming Pub, XIV, Hungária körút 134 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 16:00–01:00.
- 16 Oli Sörpincéje, XIV, Ilka utca 26 ( ), ☏ . M–Sa 16:30–00:00.
- 17 Retro Pub, XIV, Hungária körút 134 ( ), ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 06:00–22:00, F Sa 06:00–24:00, Su 11:00–22:00.
- 18 Sellő Pub, XIV, Kerepesi út 40 ( ), ☏ . M–Th Su 12:00–23:00, F Sa 12:00–01:00.
- 19 Teri presszó, XIV, Kerepesi út 32 ( ), ☏ . 08:30–23:30.
- 20 Tücsök Beer Garden, XIV, Stefánia út 29 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–W Su 10:00–23:00, Th–Sa 11:00–01:00.
- 21 Vezér Pub (Vezér Söröző), XIV, Dózsa György út 13 ( ). M–F 12:00–22:00, Sa Su 10:00–22:00.
Bars and nightclubs
- 22 Pavilon Kert, XIV, Állatkerti körút 3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. May–Sep. Open-air bar.
- 23 S8 Underground Club, XIV, Kerepesi út 26 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. F Sa 19:00–04:00. Live rock concerts. Entrance fee: 1000 Ft–2000 Ft.
- 24 Ypsilon Cafe, XIV, Stefánia út 1 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 09:00–00:00, F 09:00–04:00, Sa 11:30–04:00, Su 11:30–22:00. Bar, cafe and restaurant. Average meal: 3240 Ft, lunch menu: 1300 Ft.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Budget||Under 20,000 Ft|
|Mid-range||20,000 Ft–25,000 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 25,000 Ft|
- 1 Dominik Guesthouse, XIV, Cházár András utca 3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. 37 rooms. Single room: 7200 Ft, double room: 9500 Ft.
- 2 Hungária Guesthouse, XIV, Hungária körút 71 ( / ), ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. 8 rooms. Double room: 8000 Ft.
- 3 Green Hotel, XIV, Kerepesi út 34 ( ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 11:00. 12 rooms. Single room: 16,175 Ft, double room: 20,635 Ft.
- 4 Híd Hotel, XIV, Szobránc utca 10-12 ( / ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 30 rooms. Single room: 18,330 Ft, double room: 22,065 Ft.
- 5 Danubius Hotel Arena, XIV, Ifjúság útja 1-3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. Four star with 379 a/c rooms. Fitness centre, swimming pool, saunas, solarium, massage and beauty salon. Italian restaurant and coffee shop. Ten conference and function rooms. Double room: 25,560 Ft.
- 6 Hotel Veritas, XIV, Mogyoródi út 8 ( ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:30. 49 rooms, 5 apartments. Single room: 19,785 Ft, double room: 26,705 Ft.
- 7 Lion's Garden Hotel, XIV, Cházár András utca 4 ( ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. 107 rooms. This four star hotel has restaurant, pool and spa. Double room: 43,565 Ft.
- 1 Budapest 146 Post Office, XIV, Hungária körút 50 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–18:00, Sa 08:00–12:00.