Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > South East England > Oxfordshire > Burford
Burford is a picturesque village in the Cotswolds.
A number of different buses run between Burford and other local towns.
By car you can reach Burford easily via the A40 from Oxford or Cheltenham directions. Otherwise you can come in from the direction of Stow-on-the-Wold on the A424 which is a beautiful drive.
There is a free car-park at the bottom end of town, and car-parking on the streets. Be careful, though, as parking in some areas is limited to 2 hours - this is clearly marked. Most of the hotels also have their own car-parking.
The town is small enough to walk everywhere. The lovely high street has many shops, pubs and tea rooms to spend a pleasant afternoon browsing.
- St John the Baptist. Large anglican church in Burford. Built in 1175, the church has some interesting features.
Walk. There is a lovely walk from Burford to Little and Great Barrington. 
- W. J. Castle, 111 High Street, Burford, OX18 4RG, ☏ . Fantastic butchers.
As with much of the Cotswolds antiques are a big thing in Burford. There are regular Antique fairs which take place at the church and in one of the buildings on the high street. There are also a number of constant antique shops selling some beautiful things.
- Antiques @ the George, 104 High Street, Burford, OX18 4QJ, ☏ , email@example.com. A range of affordable antiques
- Huffkins Tea Room, 98 High Street Burford, ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-6PM. Su 10AM-6PM. A lovely tea room serving anything from a traditional cream tea with home-baked scones to a good plate of bangers and mash. Very popular with locals and tourists alike. Child friendly. mid range.
- The Lamb Inn, Sheep Street, Burford. OX18 4LR, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Good food, pleasant interior. A stones throw from the High Street.
- The Mermaid, 78 High Street, Burford. OX18 4QF, ☏ . Restaurant serving traditional food in a traditional setting.
- Wychwood Deli, The Green, Milton-under-Wychwood, Burford. 9AM-5PM. Local deli.
There are a number of good pubs in Burford with pints costing around £2.50 to £3 each.
- The Angel at Burford, 14 Witney Street, Burford, OX18 4SN, ☏ , email@example.com. A 16th century coaching inn. Pub serving food.
- The Bay Tree, Sheep St. Nice pub.
- Royal Oak, Whitney St. Good pub, run by locals.
- The Fox Inn, Great Barrington, ☏ . A traditional pub in small village near Burford. On the River Windrush, with great garden and traditional pub meals. Worth a visit for a pint, or to stay.
Oxford isn't too far away and is a good next stop if you're leaving the Cotswolds. Bus no. 853 runs to Oxford and surrounding towns. Check the schedule as this does not run frequently - especially on Sunday.
Roads are flat and good for cycling.