Burley is a city in Idaho and is in the center of an agricultural area along the Snake River plain. In times past, pioneers tread wearily through here on the Oregon Trail, traces of which you can still see today at Milner Park to the west of town.
- 1 Cassia County Historical Society, 1142 Hiland Ave, ☏ . Provides some background on the area, little oxcarts, tepees, prairie school houses, cabooses and things.
- 2 Milner Recreation Area (about 9 miles west of Burley along Milner Road). In this area along the Snake River, you can look for ruts and markings from the Oregon Trail, in addition to viewing wildlife or just enjoying the river.
Taking Hwy 27 south across the state line into Utah and then back on Valley Lynn Road to Hwy 77 (a byway known as the City of Rocks Backcountry Byway) will allow you to take in a number of attractions, including the City of Rocks National Reserve, Castle Rock State Park, remnants of the California Trail, and Pomerelle Mountain Resort. It's always prudent to have a good map or GPS when going off main routes though.
- 1 Pomerelle Mountain Resort, 961 E Howell Canyon Rd, Malta, ☏ . Su-M 9AM-4PM, Tu-Sa 9AM-9PM. Day and night skiing/snowboarding.
- 1 Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Burley, 230 W 7th St N, ☏ . Very Fairfield Inn-like, with decent indoor pool/hot tub and breakfast spread.
- 2 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Burley, an IHG Hotel, 801 N Overland Ave, ☏ . Very functional.
- 3 Hampton Inn Burley, 560 Hampton Drive, ☏ . Nice patio along the Snake River.
|Routes through Burley|
|Boise ← Twin Falls ←||W E||→ to Pocatello → Brigham City → Ogden|
|Boise ← Twin Falls ←||W E||→ American Falls → Pocatello|