Franklin County (Ohio) > Canal Winchester
Canal Winchester is a city in Mid-Ohio. It is located 15 minutes southeast of Columbus Originally it was known as Winchester. Canal Winchester was founded by in 1828 by Reuben Dove and John Colmen when The Ohio and Erie Canal came through. The Bergstresser/Dietz Bridge in Canal Winchester is the only standing, wooden covered bridge in Franklin County, built in 1887 and restored in 1991, it spans the Little Walnut Creek.
- Historic Downtown
|Routes through Canal Winchester|
|Fort Wayne ← Columbus ←||W E||→ Lancaster → Weston|