North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Southeast Massachusetts > South Shore (Massachusetts) > Carver
Carver is a town in Massachusetts. Carver once produced more cranberries than any other town in the world and still has extensive cranberry farming. It is one of the fastest growing towns in Massachusetts.
Carver can be reached via Interstate 495 or Route 3 to Route 44 west from Plymouth.
- Myles Standish State Forest, ☏ . Cranberry Road (off Tremont St.), South Carver.
- Savery Avenue (off Route 58). This half-mile road wsa built in 1861 and was the first divided highway in America.
- Edaville USA, toll-free: . Pine St. (off Route 58), South Carver. An old fashioned steam train theme featuring Thomas the Tank Engine Days, kid's rides and food stalls. In addition the Cranberry Harvest festival is held here in early October and the Christmas Light Festival from mid-November through December.
- King Richards Faire. Main St. (Route 58), South Carver. Takes place each year on weekends from Labor Day to Columbus Day.
From the website: "King Richard's Faire is a vivid recreation of a 16th century English marketplace at festival time. Actors, dancers, puppeteers, jugglers, minstrels, mimes, magicians and musicians perform each weekend for the favor of his Royal Highness King Richard. Royalty and beggars, highwaymen and guards, knights and wenches, swordsmen and soothsayers roam throughout the 80 acre wooded village while artisans hawk and display a wide array of unique hand-made wares.
The Royal Chefs prepare delectable edibles authentic to Renaissance times. Exotic animals, jousting knights on horseback, challenging games and Renaissance merriment round out a day at the Faire."
- Flax Pond Cranberry Company, 1 Robbins Path, ☏ , email@example.com. Sept 21-Oct 31 M-Th 11AM-4PM, F-Su 10AM-4PM. Farm store selling cranberries and a variety of cranberry products.
- Brothers Best Cafe, 66 Main St (Route 58), ☏ .
- Pier 18 Seafood Express, 128 Main St, ☏ . M-Sa 12-8PM, Fri 11-8PM Su 1PM-6PM. (Route 58), Fresh Seafood Market & New England Seafood Take-out.
- The Larches Inn, 26 South Main St, ☏ . Nice B&B overlooking Sampson's Pond.
Carver has no other hotels or motels. For more lodging try Plymouth.
- Myles Standish State Forest, ☏ . Cranberry Rd., South Carver. Mid April-mid October. Five different areas.
- Shady Acres Campground and RV Center, 20 Shoestring Road, ☏ . 200 sites.
|Routes through Carver|
|Providence ← Middleborough ←||W E||→ Kingston → Plymouth|
|Weymouth ← Plympton ←||N S||→ Rochester/Wareham → Ends at|