Casco Bay is a region in Greater Portland, Maine. There are several islands of interest in this region. This is where the Maine coast begins. The islands are very laid back and it is where time stands still. Wooded islands, secluded coves and beaches. Cottages, sail boats, lobster boats and pleasure craft.
- Bailey Island - part of the town of Harpswell
- Chebeague Island
- Cliff Island
- Cushing Island - a privately owned island
- Great Diamond Island
- House Island - a privately owned island
- Little Diamond Island
- Long Island - the entire island became a town when it seceded from the City of Portland in 1993
- Orr's Island - part of the town of Harpswell
- Peaks Island - 20 minutes from Portland by ferry
- Casco Bay Lines Ferry Terminal: 56 Commercial Street, Portland, ME +1 207 774-7871, Fax: +1 207 774-7875, Email: mailto:email@example.com Ferry to all the major islands.
- Water Taxi There are several available in the area of the ferry.
Other than the ferry, one way to get around is by Kayak.