North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Virginia > Northern Virginia > Fairfax County > Chantilly (Virginia)
Chantilly is a city located in Fairfax County, Virginia near the Dulles International Airport. The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum is the most popular attraction in Chantilly.
The major Dulles International Airport is very close by in Loudoun County. To get to the Dulles Air and Space Museum in Fairfax County, take a Virginia Regional Transit shuttle from the Ground Transportation Curb 2E (taxicab level, down the ramp). Be sure to confirm that the shuttle goes there. This shuttle (Dulles 2 Dulles Air and Space Museum) operates infrequently; check this site for its schedule among the Loudoun County routes.
The Metrobus 5A (D.C. - Dulles Line) is an express bus operating between Dulles International Airport and L'Enfant Plaza Metro Station in Washington, DC. It leaves Dulles from the Ground Transportation Curb 2E every 40 to 60 minutes on weekdays and hourly on weekends and takes about 45 minutes to Rosslyn Metro Station before heading to L'Enfant Plaza. The Metrobus 5A schedule to Dulles International Airport may be downloaded from this website.
- Car - A car would be the best mode of transportation in Chantilly.
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center - National Air and Space Museum, 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway, (202) 357-2200. Located near Dulles International Airport, this Smithsonian museum (which is locally called the Dulles Air and Space Museum) opened in 2003 to house many illustrious air/spacecraft that would not fit into the 1976 museum in the National Mall. The Udvar-Hazy collection includes the SR-71 "Blackbird" spy plane, the Concorde supersonic jet, the Enola Gay B-29, the Super Constellation, and the space shuttle Discovery. In addition, the museum contain an observation tower and an IMAX theater. The museum is free; there is a charge for the IMAX. Parking is available for $15/vehicle.
- Public transportation to the Udvar-Hazy Center from Washington DC is now relatively easy; take the Silver line Metro train to Wiehle-Reston East, then catch the 983 Fairfax Connector bus to the Udvar-Hazy Center. The bus also stops at Reston Town Center and Dulles Airport. Buses run every 20 minutes from 9:30 AM until 7:05 PM, seven days a week.
- The trip from Wiehle-Reston East station to the Udvar-Hazy center takes about 45 minutes. The old and somewhat time-consuming way is to take Metrobus 5A from L'Enfant Plaza Metro Station or from Rosslyn Metro Station to Dulles International Airport (about 60-45 minutes). Metrobus 5A will drop you off at Dulles' Ground Transportation Curb 2E. Second, at the same Curb 2E, transfer to a Virginia Regional Transit shuttle to the Dulles Air and Space Museum. Be sure to confirm that the shuttle goes there. This shuttle (Dulles 2 Dulles Air and Space Museum) operates infrequently with limited hours; check the web for its schedule among the Loudoun routes, since Dulles is in Loudoun County. Because of the connection at Dulles, allow at least two hours (more on weekends) for the public bus trip from DC to Udvar-Hazy. Even if you are driving, the Dulles 2 Dulles shuttle at $1.00/person each way is a great way to save on the $15 parking fee if you don't mind adding a half-hour each way to the trip — just park at the Wegmans on 28 (weekdays) or at Dulles Town Center mall (weekends) and take the shuttle from there.
- Chantilly Battlefield- The site is a five acre farmland on which a major Civil War battle had taken place.
- Chantilly Theatre. A vibrant theater that features live performances of plays and skits.
- Ellanor C. Lawrence Park. Ellanor C. Lawrence Park is a large area preserved for the multitude of wild animals and plants. The park has various historic buildings, such as a smokehouse, dairy complex, beehives and gardens. It also has multiple sport fields and hiking trails. It has meadow, ponds, and a forest.
- Sully Historic Site. Is the house of Richard Bland Lee, the first North Virginia Congressman. The house reflects the historic era and style, consisting of authentic antique furniture and utensils.
- Pleasant Valley Golfer’s Club at Richard Jones Park, 4715 Pleasant Valley Drive. Pleasant Valley Golfer's Club is privately own, with 18-holes.
Hiking, biking, and camping are various outdoor activities that can be done at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park.
Chantilly does not have department stores or malls. However, there are local antique stores and local shops.
- Treasures of Time - 4315-B Walney Road
- Shayan Oriental Rugs & Antiques - 14240 Sullyfield Cir # J
- Cannon Ridge Antiques - 14501 Trans World Ave
- Wild Birds Unlimited - 13950 Lee Jackson Memorial
- DJ Feathers Aviary - 14240-P Sullyfield Circle
- Bob Evans Restaurant, 14050 Thunderbolt Pl (American).
- Sullys Restaurant & Lounge - 14513 Lee Jackson Memoria (American)
- China Golden, 13934 Metrotech Dr (Chinese).
- Dragon House Restaurant, 14513 Lee Jackson Hwy (Chinese).
- Otani Japanese Steak House - 13952 Lee Jackson Memoria (Japanese)
- Wong Kok Asia Cuisine - 43090 Peacock Market Plz (Chinese/Japanese)
Italian and Pizza
- Buon Appetito Ny Pizza, 13932 Metrotech Dr (Italian).
- The Spaghetti Shop, 13812 Metrotech Dr (Italian).
- Pizzarama Inc - 14119 Sullyfield Cir (Pizza)
- Anita'S, 14325 Willard Rd. Ste 101 (Mexican)
- Anita's New Mexico Style Mexican Food, Inc - 13921 Lee Jackson Memoria (Mexican)
- El Fresco Mexican Grill, 4088 Airline Parkway (Mexican). Local restaurant; tasty, cheap lunch specials
- Picante The Real Taco, Inc, 14511 Lee Jackson Hwy (Mexican).
Cafe & Deli
- Checkers Deli & Cafe - 4270 Henninger Ct
- China Cafe - 13997 Metrotech Dr
- Rojasbiz Inc - 25463 Newcastle Dr
Specialized Food and Others
- Fun Fair - 13989 Metrotech Dr
- Palm Court - 14750 Conference Center D
- Sodexho, Inc - 14750 Conference Center D
- Bungalow Billiards & Brew Co, 13891 Metrotech Dr. The Bungalow Billards and Brew Co is a billard, bar, and restaurant consisting primarily of American food.
- Starbucks, 44844 Aviation Dr.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, 3960 Corsair Court. Check-in: +1-703-435-8581. Free Dulles airport shuttle, continental breakfast daily, free high-speed Wi-Fi access.
- Comfort Suites Chantilly-Dulles Airport, 13980 Metrotech Drive
- Extended Stay America, 14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane
- Extended Stay Deluxe – Chantilly, 4506 Brookfield Corporate Drive
- Hampton Inn Dulles South, 4050 Westfax Drive
- Holiday Inn Select Chantilly, 4335 Chantilly Shopping Center
- 'Homestead Studio Suites, 4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive
- Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, 4994 Westone Plaza
- Staybridge Suites Chantilly, 3860 Centerview Drive
- 1 Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles, 14750 Conference Center Drive, ☏ . Check-in: 4:00 PM, check-out: 12:00 PM. Offers over 40,000 sq ft of event space and 31 meeting rooms for weddings and conferences.
- Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly, 3940 Centerview Drive, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. The Wingate is 4 miles from the Dulles Airport and offers free airport shuttle and wireless internet. $95.66 USD - $150.35 USD.
- Fairfax has the most activities to do and places to see.
- Herndon Has a great farm attraction. The farm is called Frying Pan Park and Kidwell Farm
- Reston is a good little escape for a small town center with good restaurants.
|Routes through Chantilly|
|Winchester ← Middleburg ←||W E||→ Fairfax → Washington, D.C.|