North America > United States of America > Great Plains > Oklahoma > Chickasaw Country > Chickasaw National Recreation Area
Flora and fauna
The Chickasaw National Recreation Area is easily accessible from Highway 7 and Highway 77 in Sulphur (Oklahoma). The National Park Service offices is located in the Chickasaw Visitor Center, adjacent to The Artesian Hotel at Highway 7 and Highway 77.
There are no fees to enter the park. The Chickasaw National Recreation Area is free for drive-up and walk-up visitors alike.
- Non-utility campsite: $14.00 - Cold Springs, Guy Sandy, & Rock Creek Campgrounds.
- Non-utility campsite: $16.00 - Buckhorn and the Point Campgrounds
- Utility campsite: $22.00 - Buckhorn and the Point Campgrounds, and one site at Rock Creek Campground
- Premium utility site: $24.00 (May through September) - Buckhorn Campground, Loop D sites #24, 25, 26 and Buckhorn Campground, Loop C sites #4, 5, 6, 7
- Group sites: $30.00 - Rock Creek, Cold Springs & Central Campgrounds
Persons may camp up to 14 consecutive days, not to exceed 30 days total between Memorial Day and Labor Day. NOTE: Senior or Access Pass 50% discount applies only to individual campsites and lake launching permits, not group sites.
Boat Launch Fees
- Daily Permit: $4.00
- Annual Pass: $30.00
There are covered picnic pavilions located in the Buckhorn and Veteran's Lake areas. They are available by reservation for $30 per day.
- Lincoln Bridge.
- Travertine Nature Center. Open year-round, the Travertine Nature Center has opportunities for learning, classes and nature exhibits. Live, interactive learning is available for all ages. Open year-round except Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day.
- The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa.
- Chickasaw Retreat and Conference Center.
There are several campgrounds located within the Chickasaw National Recreation Area:
- Central Campground (Available just off Highway 77 after entering the park), ☏ . Seasonal public campground located inside the Chickasaw National Recreation Area's Platt Historic District. 10 sites are available for camping. $30 per night.
- Cold Springs Campground (Located across the road from Travertine Creek), ☏ . Open May through September. 65 campsites are available for reservation. Sites are non-electrical and best suited for tent camping, but small RVs and pop-up campers may fit. Amenities: Water spigots and restrooms located close to camp sites. $30 per night.
- Rock Creek Campground (Near Veterans Lake and Rock Creek). Year-round campground located near Veterans Lake and Rock Creek. There is easy access to hiking trails, fishing and mineral springs. 105 campsites and 1 group site are available for tent camping. Non-electrical sites can accommodate some RVs. Amenities include water spigots and restrooms close to campsites. $30 per night.
- Buckhorn Campground, Buckhorn Road, ☏ . Four loops with 134 campsites available. All sites are first come-first serve with showers available in restrooms. Some sites have electrical and water hookups available. utility: $22 per night, premium utility: $24 per night, non-utility: $16 per night.
- Guy Sandy Campground. Located in the Arbuckle District of the park, Guy Sandy has 40 campsites available on a first come-first serve basis. Water faucets and pit toilets available.
- The Point Campground, ☏ . 55 campsites available. Utility: $22 per night, non-utility: $16 per night.
- Turner Falls Park: A beautiful natural waterfall in the Arbuckle Mountains.