Cramlington is around 25 minutes' drive along the A1 (signposted) from Newcastle upon Tyne, and about 8 hours' drive from London. It is served by Newcastle International Airport, from which taxis and the 101 bus go through Cramlington. Trains from Newcastle Central Station also arrive at Cramlington's rail station.
As Cramlington is quite compact, walking is the main choice, however cycle routes are plentiful and run to Blyth and Seaton Delaval. Buses, such as the C1, circle the town and are relatively inexpensive (around £1 return).
- St. Nicholas' Church, Church Street (in the village square), ☏ . W 10AM - 11AM, Su 8AM - 12AM. Built in 1835, the Church of St. Nicholas is in Gothic style and is the centrepiece of the town. The churchyard holds graves from the mid-1500s.
- 1 The Spoon (Eat for England), Seghill (accessible on foot, from the underpass opposite the Bay Horse pub on the A189 in the east of the town). A large, unique aluminium spoon in fields near Cramlington.
- 2 Northumberlandia, NE23 8AU. A huge land sculpture by Charles Jencks.
- Concordia Leisure Centre, Forum Way, NE23 6YB (near Manor Walks), ☏ , fax: . M-F 7AM - 10PM, Sa 9AM - 8.30PM, Su 9AM - 10PM. A leisure centre with a bowls green, snooker tables, a 25-metre leisure pool, a gym, softplay for kids, cafeterias, vending machines and a bar. Squash, badminton and tennis courts as well as indoor football pitches are also attached. A variety of fitness classes run regularly and conference rooms can be hired. Around £2.50 for swimming, extra for other activities.
- Arcot Hall Golf Club
- Manor Walks Shopping Centre, Manor Walks Shopping Centre, NE23 6UT (near the centre of the village), ☏ . Monday - Saturday, 6.30AM - 11PM, Sunday 10AM - 4PM. A large shopping centre in the middle of Cramlington. Two supermarkets (ASDA and Sainsbury's), as well as clothing shops, video game shops and bakeries. Also attached are restaurants (Domino's Pizza, Subway and McDonald's) and a plethora of banks, jewellers, hair salons and estate agents. ATMs are available.
- Cramlington Market and Car Boot Sale, near Manor Walks Shopping Centre. Wednesday, 7AM - 3PM. A market and car boot sale offering fresh meat, fish and household goods as well as toys, games, electronics, clothing, upholstery and haberdashery at lower prices. Not held in bad weather.
- Panucci's, Smithy Square, NE23 6QL, ☏ . Lunch: Tu-Sa 12 noon - 2PM, Dinner: M-Sa 5.30PM - 7PM. Italian restaurant offering wide variety of dishes, including a Happy Hour all night Monday and Tuesday, with two courses for £6.50. Ornate setting with frescoes and candles. £10-20 for two courses with drinks.
- Dragon Inn, 4 Old Parish Hall, NE23 6UW, ☏ . Small authentic Chinese restaurant. Offers an all you can eat buffet on Wednesdays and Sundays for £9.50. Specialises in Cantonese food and seafood. £10-20.
- Brockwell Fish and Chips, Unit 2, Brockwell Centre, NE23 1XZ, ☏ . M-Sa 2PM - 4PM, 6PM - 11PM. Serves fish, chips, sausage, kebabs and other foods, as well as cold drinks. Take-away only. £3-6.
- Lal Qila, Dudley Lane, NE23 6UW, ☏ . M-Th 12 noon - 2.30PM and 6PM - 11.30PM, F-Sa 12 noon - 2.30PM and 6PM - 12.30AM, Su 7PM - 11.30PM. A prize-winning curry restaurant specialising in Tandoori and Balti. A massive variety of authentic Indian dishes, starters and sundries, as well as an extensive wine list, all in an Indian atmosphere. £15-20.
- The Blagdon Arms, Village Square, NE23 1DN, ☏ . Su-Th 12 noon - 11PM, F-Sa 12 noon to midnight. A large variety of drinks and pub food, with music, television and pub quizzes (Tuesday and Sunday) all within a 99-year-old Grade II listed building as well as a beer garden with patio heaters. £2.20 draft/bottle beers, £10 wine. Children welcome until 7PM. Food served until 9PM.
- The Plough, Middle Farm Buildings, NE23 1DN, ☏ . M-Su 11AM - 11PM. A homely, family friendly pub with fruit machines, and a variety of pub food and drink. Also has TV screens and a regular pub quiz and a beer garden. Children welcome until 7PM.
- Premier Inn, Moor Farm Roundabout, Annitsford, NE23 7QA, ☏ , fax: . A large hotel out of the centre of Cramlington, with attached restaurant and McDonald's. Under a flight path, but comfortable and affordable. From £53 per night.