East Hanover is a township in Morris County in the state of New Jersey. The town is a suburban neighborhood with a population of largely Italian descent. Most of the town is made up of housing while the town’s activities go along the main roads of U.S Route 10 and Ridgedale Avenue.
The most efficient way to get into East Hanover is by car. East Hanover is a town that is surrounded by a ton of major roads in New Jersey. On the east side of town runs interstate 280, where you can access East Hanover through exit 1 or 2. Also, Route 10 runs right through the heart of the tiny suburb. Also it is very convenient to get there from Interstate 287, Route 46, Route 80 and even Route 24.
On Route 10 in East Hanover you can access the bus on New Murray Road right across the street from the Burger King. This bus can bring you to larger towns such as Morristown and even Newark New Jersey.
Although there isn’t a train station in East Hanover, there are train stations close by. Chatham, Madison and Parsippany are the closest destinations while a pick up by car or taxi would be the easiest solution to get to the town from the train stations. Some taxis are also available specifically at Madison train station.
- Gate of Heaven Cemetery, East Hanover – a beautiful rest place. Several famous individuals are buried here.
- Whippany Railway Museum – on U.S Route 10 just past the border of East Hanover leading into Whippany. Has beautiful old trains available for sightseeing.
- The large mansions off of Mount Pleasant Avenue: Several beautiful large properties can be seen on the side streets of Mount Pleasant Avenue.
East Hanover is small but there are definitely fun things to do if you just know the right place to go. On the East side of the town lays Lurker Park, where on nice days many of the residents enjoy. You often see pick up games of football, basketball or soccer going on by the local teenagers. There you will also find a fairly large playground that many of the younger children enjoy. Also another popular aspect of East Hanover is Route 10. There you can go see a movie at AMC Lowes. If you are looking to entertain your child, many people would suggest bowling at Hanover Lanes. Also Chucky Cheese and Funplex are both places are filled with games and a place your child will surely enjoy. A favorite in Funplex is the humongous foam frenzy, shoot each other in Laser tag, or ride the go-carts.
- Hanover Lanes, 119 State Route 10, ☏ . A great family place to go bowling
- AMC Lowes, 145 New Jersey 10, ☏ . Movie theater.
- Chuck E. Cheese, 145 New Jersey 10, ☏ . It is a restaurant where kids can have birthday parties, play games and have a great time.
- Funplex, 182 New Jersey 10, ☏ . A great place to take children with a huge foam frenzy, video games go-carts, laser tag and a newly added magic quest
East Hanover has a ton of great restaurants to try out around the area. First try out one of the many pizza restaurants around the area. Godfather Pizzeria is by far the most popular right off of route 10. Also Avellinos, or Giulietta Romeo are extremely popular pizzerias in town. Those are just a few of the best places to get pizza.
- Avellino's Pizzeria, 445 Ridgedale Avenue, ☏ . Has great pizza fairly quickly if you are on the north side of town.
- Giulietta & Romeo Pizzeria & Restaurant, 49 Eagle Rock Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-11PM, Su 11AM-11PM.
Some of the nicer restaurants that expect a bit more formal attire are Breanna’s, Lugi’s, and Ravello’s, all of which have great Italian food. Many residents of East Hanover enjoy Paniveno as well but the food is not as well prepared as many of the other restaurants in town.
- Breanna's Italian Restaurant, 34 Ridgedale Avenue, ☏ . Has a great relaxing atmosphere with great Italian food.
- Lugi's Restaurant, 434 Ridgedale Avenue, ☏ .
- Ravello Ristorante & Caterer, 138 Eagle Rock Avenue, ☏ . Known more for catering parties but also has great Italian dining.
- Panevino Ristorante, 637 W Mt Pleasant Ave, Livingston. Lies just on the border of East Hanover and Livingston.
Three of the smaller lunch facilities in East Hanover are Esposito’s meat and deli, Angelo’s Deli and Sorrento’s Bakery. Each is a great authentic deli. Angelo’s Deli has one of the best Taylor Ham Egg and Cheeses in New Jersey. Also Sorrento’s Bakery has great pastries and desserts. Early in the morning on nearly every major holiday there is a line out the door waiting to get their order in.
- Esposito's Meats & Deli, 90 Ridgedale Ave # 90, ☏ . A family-owned butcher that is known for catering most of East Hanover.
- Sorrento Bakery, 36 Eagle Rock Avenue, ☏ . A great bakery that has been serving East Hanover for years.
- Angelo's Italian Deli, 2 Ridgedale Avenue West, ☏ . One of the best delis around and known to have one of the best Taylor Ham Egg and Cheeses.
- Jimmy Buff's, 354 New Jersey 10, ☏ . Known for its famous double hotdog that could be seen on the Food Networks. Still provides a great deal of other selections.
East Hanover is not as much of a tourist destination but it is a great suburb. Although it does not have as much of nightlife it does have a couple bars to have some fun in. Miami Mikes Sports Bar is probably the most exciting bar to go to. The food is great and it is an awesome, electrifying bar to watch the major sporting events. Also many of the younger drinkers enjoy going to TGIF Fridays to go drink and have a fun time. If you are looking for an older crowd Godfather Pizzeria or a more leisurely Luigi’s maybe the place to go. Although not as popular, Applebees and Chilies have bars to drink in if you are not looking for crowded areas.
- Miami Mike's Sports Bar, 130 New Jersey 10, ☏ . Exciting sports bar that is always packed on game days and fight nights
- Luigi's Restaurant, 434 Ridgedale Avenue, ☏ . Luigi's is known to have a bit of an older crowd in an unwinding atmosphere.
- Ramada Inn, 130 Rt 10, ☏ .
- Westminster Hotel, 550 West Mount Pleasant Ave, ☏ .
- Homestead Hanover, 125 Rt 10, ☏ .
- Courtyard Hanover Whippany, 157 Rt. 10, ☏ . $87.
East Hanover is extremely safe for kids and the surrounding community to reside in. The crime rate is extremely low and generally there are no concerns of safety for visitors or residence. The police is often seen patrolling the streets and are known to have a firm hand on the community. If you have any problems the East Hanover Police station is available at all times.
- East Hanover Police Department +1 973-887-0432.
- East Hanover Volunteer Fire +1 973-887-6093