Jump to navigation Jump to search
Elizabethtown is the seat of Bladen County on the North Carolina Coastal Plain. It's a good place for the nature-lover or outdoor enthusiast.
Elizabethtown is located along Hwy 87 about halfway between Fayetteville and Wilmington.
- 1 Jones Lake State Park, 4117 NC-242 N, ☏ . Daily 8AM-8PM. This serene setting on Jones Lake includes bay thickets and lone pond cypress trees emerging from the water in romantic fashion. You can swim, boat, camp, or hike a 4-mile trail. Free.
- 2 Singletary Lake State Park, 6707 NC-53 E, Kelly, ☏ . Daily 8AM-5PM. Similar to Jones Lake, only more isolated.
- 3 Brown's Creek Bike Trail, 1910 E Broad St. This is 11 some miles of mountain bike trails through wooded terrain with elevation changes so as to keep things interesting.
- 4 White Lake Water Park, 192 NC-53, ☏ . Water park with various slides.
- 1 Camp Clearwater, 2038 White Lake Dr, ☏ . Family camping type destination on White Lake with beach.