- South Bend Airport
The South Bend Airport (SBN) is located about 27 miles northwest of the city center, in the very northern part of the State of Indiana and close to the border of Michigan. The airport has easy access to Interstate 80/90 and US 20/31.
- Elkhart Municipal Airport 2246 Airport Dr., Elkhart, IN., 574-264-5217.
- Interstates 80 and 90 (also known as the Indiana Toll Road) makes Elkhart easily accessible by car from the west and east. It connects to Chicago, in the west and Toledo, to the east. Exits for Elkhart on the Indiana Toll Road would be State Road 19 (Elkhart) and County Road 17 (Elkhart East).
- U.S. 20 is an important highway, providing access primarily from places to the west and east. It connects to South Bend, in the west and Toledo, to the east.
- U.S. 33 is an important highway, providing access primarily from places to the southeast. It connects to Goshen and Fort Wayne.
- State Road 19 is an important highway, providing access primarily from places to the north and south. It connects to Peru, in the south and Michigan, in the north.
- County Road 17 is an important expressway, providing access primarily from places to the north and south, it connects to Goshen, in the south, and Michigan, in the north.
- Interurban Trolley, is a local inter-city, connects Elkhart to the nearby cities of Goshen and Mishawaka. The Interurban Trolley connects to South Bend-Mishiwaka region's TRANSPO bus system, which, in turn, connects the riders to the South Shore Line and South Bend Regional Airport.
- Greyhound buses stop in the city's northern section.
- Amtrak Elkhart Station - The nearest Amtrak station is located at 131 Tyler Avenue, Elkhart, IN 46515. The Interurban Trolley has a stop near the station, one block north on Harrison Street, but the Interurban Trolley doesn't run late night or early mornings, when most trains arrive. Be prepared to phone for a cab or have someone meet you because transportation from the station to the city is limited. The station is part of Amtrak's Capitol Limited and Lakeshore Limited lines.
- South Shore Line, . Operated by the Northern Indiana Commuter Transit District. Offers regular electric rail service to/from downtown Chicago from South Bend. Train trips take approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes and fares hover around $10 each way.
Driving in and around Elkhart by car is simple, with most streets being two way traffic. It should be noted that north-south travel can be difficult with the city being on the St. Joe River and a busy railroad track. Most streets don't cross either, but the one the cross the railroad tracks have under passes, so watch for low bridges.
- Interurban Trolley, a local inter-city, connects Elkhart to the nearby cities of Goshen and Mishawaka. The Interurban Trolley connects to South Bend-Mishiwaka region's TRANSPO bus system, which, in turn, connects the riders to the South Shore Line and South Bend Regional Airport.
- National New York Central Railroad Museum, 721 S. Main St, ☏ . Is a museum with many interesting displays about railroads history of the area. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sundays noon to 4pm, closed Mondays.
Concord Mall, located on the southeast side of the city, is a legacy-type enclosed mall. It is on US 33, south of US 20, and has many national chains nearby it.
- WNDU 16 NBC
- WSBT 22 CBS
- WCWW 25 CW
- WSJV 28 FOX
- WNIT 34 PBS
- WBND 57 ABC
- WMYS 69 My Network
- Elkhart Truth Elkhart's daily newspaper.
- Goshen News Another daily newspaper for the area.
- The Paper The Paper is a weekly free newspaper that is available on Tuesday.
|Routes through Elkhart|
|Chicago ← South Bend ←||W E||→ Toledo → Cleveland|
|South Bend ← Mishawaka ←||W E||→ Jct N S Template:Rtarrow Wauseon → Toledo|
|South Bend ← Mishawaka ←||W E||→ Angola → Toledo|
|END ←||NW SE||→ Goshen → Fort Wayne|