Europe > Central Europe > Germany > Hesse > Rheingau > Eltville
Together with its Stadtteile (adjoining villages) of Erbach and Hattenheim, Eltville is the largest town in the Rheingau.
North of Eltville is the village and community of Kiedrich. To the east is the village of Walluf.
The B42 between Wiesbaden and Rüdesheim rubs through town.
There is hourly regional service (operated by vias) from Frankfurt via Mainz and Wiesbaden. Trains take roughly 55 minutes from Frankfurt to Eltville. In the other direction there is at least hourly service from Koblenz via Lorch am Rhein, Assmannshausen and Rüdesheim. The Koblenz - Eltville journey time is roughly one and a quarter hour.
Bus line 171 from Wiesbaden Hbf to Rüdesheim
The Rheinsteig walking trail passes through Wiesbaden-Biebrich, Kiedrich, Kloster Eberbach near Eltville, Schloss Vollrads near Oestrich-Winkel, Monstera Marienthal near Geisenheim and Niederwalddenkmal near Rüdesheim.
- Bus line 172 from train station Eltville to Kiedrich and Kloster Eberbach.
- Bus line 173 from train station Eltville to Martinsthal, Rauenthal and Schlangenbad.
- Timber-frame, Burgstrasse. from the 16th and 18th centuries
- 1 Kurfürstliche Burg (Electoral castle), Burgstraße 1 (at the Rhine). Opening hours of the courtyard and rose garden: Nov. to March: Daily 10:30AM-5PM, April to Oct.: daily 9:30AM-7PM,free admission. Opening hours of the castle tower: April to Oct.: Friday 2PM-6PM, Sat, Sun and holidays 11AM-6PM, Admission fee: 2 €..
- 2 St. Peter’s and Paul’s parish church (Pfarrkirche Sankt Peter und Paul), Kirchgasse 1, ☏ . from the 14th century
- 3 Kloster Eberbach (Eberbach Cistercian monastery) (Bus line 172 from Eltville train station.). – the place where the interior scenes of “The name of the Rose” were filmed in 1985/1986. ·
- 4 Domäne Steinberg. Clos (walled vineyard) of Kloster Eberbach.
- 5 Scharfenstein Castle (Burg Scharfenstein) (Above Kiedrich). Ruined medieval castle.
- The Catholic pilgrimage church consecrated to Saint Valentine, Kiedrich (Bus line 172 from Eltville train station).
- Sekt- und Biedermeierfest (Sparkling Wine and Biedermeier Festival) along the Rhine promenad – from Fr, 05. July 2013 - 18:00 h – 01:00 h.
Wine from vineyards such as Steinberg, Rauenthaler Baiken and Erbacher Marcobrunn.
- 1 Waldgaststätte Rausch, Wiesweg 93 (Along narrow road to the end of the valley.), ☏ . Great Schnitzel
- 2 Burg Crass, Freygäßchen 1 (at the Rhine), ☏ .
- Wine tasting stands in:
- Eltville: Rhine River promenade
- Hattenheim: Rhine River bank
- Erbach: at the parking area Rheinallee
- 1 Hotel Kronenschlösschen, Rheinallee, Hattenheim, ☏ .
- 2 Hotel Schloss Reinhartshausen Kempinski, Hauptstraße 41, Erbach, ☏ . 5 star hotel
|Routes through Eltville|
|Bonn ← Oestrich-Winkel ←||W E||→ Wiesbaden → Darmstadt|
|Bonn ← Oestrich-Winkel ←||W E||→ Schlangenbad → Wiesbaden|
|Bonn ← Oestrich-Winkel ←||W SE||→ Wiesbaden|