Elviria is on Costa del Sol, southern Spain. It is in the municipal area of Ojén, Marbella. Elviria is a lively low density residential area with amenities. As the centre of Marbella East it has shopping facilities, restaurants and bars.
The area is covered with vegetation, mostly native pine trees and cork oaks. Elviria is a villa area with some low rise luxury apartment complexes between the villas.
Elviria hills (La Mairena and El Soto de Marbella) offer views towards the Sierra Nevada, the Mediterranean Sea, the Rock of Gibraltar and the African coast. The village is surrounded by a UNESCO biosphere reserve called La Sierra de las Nieves.
It is a ten-minute drive from the centre of Marbella, is close to the many amenities of the bustling town of Marbella.
You probably would need your own car or taxi to get to Elviria. Malaga Airport is about 35 km away. The nearest railway station is in Fuengirola, and the nearest intercity bus station somewhat nearer, in Marbella.
The Elviria Mountain area has been declared a UNESCO World Biosphere Sanctuary due to its beautiful and versatile Mediterranean forest of oaks, pine, agaves and holm trees. Built in the hills overlooking Marbella and close to the Sierra Blanca and Alpujarra mountain.
Golf at some of the best golf resorts on the Costa del Sol.
- El Oceano, CN 340 Km 199, Miraflores (between Elviria and Fuengirola), ☏ +34 952 587 550. International cuisine.
- Le Papillon Restaurant & Beach Club, Cuesta S/N Urb Marbesa CN340 KM 193 (in Elviria), ☏ +34 952 834 113, firstname.lastname@example.org. from 11:00 until late. On the beach at Marbesa. Menu which includes a selection of fresh fish and shellfish and some meat dishes. The seafood paella is popular. Sunlounger and umbrella rental service and a kids play area. From €12.
- 1 Robertos Ristorante Italiano, C/Cuesta S/N Urb Marbesa CN340 KM (in Elviria), ☏ +34 952 839 190. 09:00 until late. Offers a variety of home-made pizzas and pasta dishes as well as some more traditional Italian cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and does take aways. Flamenco show and a buffet night on a weekly basis. From €10.
- Nikki Beach, Playa Hotel Don Carlos Carretera de Cadiz. 192 (Elviria), ☏ +34 952 836 239.
- Club Playa Real, C/Cuesta S/N urb Marbesa CN 340 km 193 (Elviria), ☏ +34 952 839 190. Check-in: 09:00, check-out: 12:00. From €50.
- Marbella Beach Resort, C/Cuesta S/N urb Marbesa CN 340 km 193 - 29604 (Elviria), ☏ +34 952 839 190. Check-in: From 09:00, check-out: From 12:00. One-, two- and three-bedroom air-conditioned self-catering apartments with terraces providing views to the beach and the sea. Satellite TV and internet connection. From €737 per week.