No great public transport. Driving in is usually not a problem, although there will be a couple minutes of stop and go traffic during rush hour.
- 1 Phillips Exeter Academy. Founded in 1781, is known as one of the premier secondary schools in the world. It is home to the Class of 1942 library, designed by Louis Kahn.
There are often concerts at Phillips Exeter Academy that are free and open to the public.
There are some cute little shops on Water Street: clothing stores, gift shops, a toy store, a music store.
All of the downtown restaurants are moderately priced.
- Green Earth Cafe. A good option for vegetarians and vegans is the Green Earth Cafe at the Blue Moon Market, on Clifford Street off of Water Street.
- Green Bean. Offers good homemade soup and sandwich options.
- The Loaf & Ladle. Offers good homemade soup and sandwich options.
- Margaritas. Mexican casual dining.
- Pad Thai. Thai casual dining.
- Pine Garden, Route 108.
- 11 Water Street. Upscale dining.
- Taverne at River's Edge. Upscale dining.
- The Exeter Inn. Upscale dining.
- The Town Line Grill, High Street (Route 27). Offers top notch fare in a semi-casual setting.
- Shaker's Lounge. Provides an old lounge feel, good food, and a good selection of drinks. A pool table is also available.
- 1 The Inn by the Bandstand (The Inn by the Bandstand), 6 Front St (Front St at Water St across from the Bandstand in the center of the downtown next to shops and famous restaurants), toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. This inn is an 1809 historic home and offers nine antique furnished guest rooms, all with private baths, a delicious full breakfast, and wireless internet. 119.00.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, 138 Portsmouth Ave (Exit #11 off Hwy 101), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12 Noon. Opened September 2009. This property offers complimentary hot continental breakfast, high speed internet, indoor saline pool, business library, fitness center and guest laundry facilities.
|Routes through Exeter|
|Portland ← Durham ←||N S||→ Haverhill → Boston|
|Manchester ← Epping ←||W E||→ Hampton → END|
|Nashua ← Derry ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Jct N S|