Fowlmere is a village in southwest Cambridgeshire.
The village is served by the 31 bus throughout most of the day, Monday to Saturday; a return from Cambridge costs £3.50 (c. May 2010). The last bus to leave the village towards Cambridge departs from the village centre at 3PM.
Foxton railway station is just under 3 miles (4.5 km) north of Fowlmere; First Capital Connect run services to and from the station to London King's Cross and Cambridge every hour, with a more frequent half-hourly service during morning and afternoon peak periods. The distance between the station and Fowlmere is easily coverable by bike (follow traffic signs for Foxton, then Fowlmere) or on foot—the latter using a public footpath through a small nature reserve (note: not Fowlmere Nature Reserve, but Foxton Wood Nature Reserve).
- 1 Foxton railway station.
Fowlmere is accessible by car, but offers few locations to park. One public car park exists, beyond the primary school on The Butts; signage for this car park is poor. Parking on the road is discouraged, and parking on the pavement may be illegal (depending on location) and will disturb local residents and users of the pavement.
- 1 Former RAF Airfield.
- 2 Round Moat. The remains of an early Saxon settlement dating from around the ninth century. This is on a site of about 1 acre (0.40 hectares).
- 1 Fowlmere Nature Reserve (about 1½ miles (~2 km) from Fowlmere village centre). Operated by the RSPB, the reserve offers the chance to see many species of birds—as well as other wildlife. Very tranquil setting and open at all times; a donation is requested from non-RSPB members.
- 1 The Chequers, High Street. A well-awarded public house, serving pub food and evening meals.
- Swan House Indian Cuisine, High Street. A classic Indian restaurant and bar; favourite amongst the locals, offering a wide selection of Bangladeshi & Indian cuisine.
Fowlmere is a village known throughout history for its long-standing pubs. All of them are Grade II listed buildings.
- The Queens Head, Long Lane. A Greene King pub.
- [dead link] Selby Cottages, Rectory Lane, ☏ . Self-catering holiday cottages.