Glasgow is a town in the Caves and Lakes tourism region of South Central Kentucky, and the county seat of Barren County. Founded in 1799 by a group of Revolutionary War veterans, it boasts historic homes and buildings, museums, a downtown walking/driving tour, and a Civil War fort.
Glasgow is accessible to Interstate 65 Northbound by exiting the Cumberland Pkwy (Exit 43 Glasgow-Somerset) and using Exit 11 (US 31E) or Exit 14 (KY 90). From Southbound Interstate 65 traffic can exit at KY 70-90 (Exit 53 Cave City-Glasgow).
- South Central Kentucky Cultural Center, 200 W Water St.
- 1 Plaza Theater, 115 E Main St.
- Fort Williams, 100 Leslie Ave. Civil War fort replica
- 2 First Presbyterian Church. 1853 brick Gothic Revival-style church, the oldest church building in Glasgow.
- Glasgow Highland Games. Barren River Lake State Resort Park Weekend following Memorial Day, May 31-June 3, 2007.
- Barren County Fair Temple Hill
- Arts & Antique Gallery, 207 West Main St.
- New Century Buffet, 936 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Sweetheart Bakery, 228 Shane Dr, ☏ .
- A Little Taste of Texas, 303 S. Broadway Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Driftwood Restaurant, 1149 State Park Rd. Lucas, KY 42156 (15 miles from Glasgow), ☏ . Located at Barren River Lake State Resort Park
- BBQ Hut, 594 Reynolds Rd Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Kanha Kafe American & Asian Cuisine, 131 E. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Gale 'n' Dales, 405 Happy Valley Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- The Music Room Cafe at George J's, 144 E. Public Square Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Mancino's, 302 Rogers Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ . Italian
- Theodosia's Tea Room, 313 S. Green St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- El Mazatlan, 754 W. Cherry St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Los Mariachis, 1005 W. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
Glasgow is dry, but allows sales of alcohol by the drink in larger restaurants (seating at least 100). Cave City, in northern Barren County, is wet, allowing full retail alcohol sales. The rest of Barren County is completely dry. Apart from Cave City, the nearest fully wet community is the city of Bowling Green.
Bed & Breakfasts
- Hall Place Bed and Breakfast, 313 S. Green St, ☏ .
- Towne Inn, 604 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park, 1149 State Park Rd., Lucas, ☏ .
- Quality Inn, 210 Calvary Dr, ☏ .
- 1 Days Inn, 105 Days Inn Blvd, ☏ .
Most telephone numbers in Glasgow consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the city and its surrounding region are now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Glasgow|
|END ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Somerset → END|
|Louisville ← Hodgenville ←||N S||→ Scottsville → Nashville|
|Paducah ← Bowling Green ←||W E||→ Campbellsville → Lexington|
|Columbus ← Bowling Green ←||W E||→ Somerset → London|
|END ← Cave City ←||W E||→ Burkesville → Monticello|