Golem is a town in western Albania. The population is 25,000. At 250 metres above sea level, Golem has one of the lowest elevations in Albania, yet it is a well-known ski area. It is 75 km from Albania's capital, Tirana and about 20 km south of Durrës.
The southern coastal stretch of Golem is renowned for its traditional mass beach tourism, having experienced uncontrolled urban development. Despite that, it has experienced huge improvements as of late, feautiring a beautiful and lengthy walking promenade.
You can go from Tirana through Durrës via the highway or a secondary road for 100 lek.
Also the same way but only with a low speed with a maximum of 40-50 km/h. (24-31 mp/h)
The best way to get around is by walking through the Golem Promenade
- Golem Beach.
- 1 Shkembi i Kavajes (The Kavaja Rock), At the beginning of the Golem beach. According to local legend, Ceasar and Pompei had a big battle close to this landmark.
- 1 Golem Promenade (When in Golem, just go to the direction of the beach, and before reaching the beach you will always stumble on the promenade.). A fantastic promenade, which spans several kilometers, and across which you will be passing by great sea atmosphere, fantastic sand and gorgeous pine trees.
- Golem Beach.
When at the beach or walking in the promenade, you will see local villagers selling local produce. Very often, this is the same produce that they grow to eat themselves for their family, so they tend to be extremely fresh and healthy.
- 1 Santiago Restaurant, Plazh Golem.
- 2 Fresh Fish Restaurant, Plazh Golem.
- 3 Adriatik 2, Pas Shkembit te Kavajes (From Durres Beach, on the highway to Kavaja and Vlora, the parallel street to the right), ☏ . Serves fresh local ingredients, seafood, and salad. Has sea view.
- 1 Grand Blue Fafa Resort, ☏ . A collection of luxury accommodations along the Adriatic Sea, restaurants & bars, and recreational facilities.
- 2 Hotel Bonita.
- Flower Hotel & Resort Golem, Rruga e Detit, Golem, ☏ . Renowned hotel. Has restaurants and a bar which features DJ performance every night.