Greenwood sits just south of the capital, Indianapolis. I-65 heads north-south from Indianapolis into Greenwood. US-31 runs north-south through the city. US-37 runs north-south just to the west of the city.
- Indianapolis International Airport, 2500 S. High School Rd, Indianapolis, ☏ . Greenwood is about 20 - 25 minutes from the airport.
- Greyhound, 350 S. Illinois St, Indianapolis, ☏ . Greenwood is about 25 minues from the bus station. Indianapolis would be the closest bus station. The next closest would be the one in Terre Haute, which is around 1 hour or so.
- Amtrak 350 S. Illinois St., Indianapolis. Greenwood is about 25 minutes from the train station.
The easiest way to get around Greenwood is by car.
- IndyGo +1 317 635-3344. IndyGo services all over Indianapolis and surrounding areas.
Most taxis and cabs service only around Indianapolis. They become pricey due to the 20 - 30 minutes from Indianapolis to Greenwood.
- Indianapolis Yellow Cab +1 317 487-7777.
- Downtown Greenwood Downtown Greenwood still holds a very small town feeling with a few shops and services.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 8 starts at 3:06PM local time and lasts 4 min. The chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- Craig Park 10 E Smith Valley Rd. Park with walkways.
Festivals and events
- Freedom Festival It offers a parade, the BBQ, food & business vendors, Old Towne Merchants Association Street Fair, live entertainment, concerts, kids' fairs and fireworks. It is held in late June/early July.
- Farmer's Market Every Saturday morning, there is a local farmers' market. There is great variety including fresh produce, honey, gourds, herbs, hanging baskets, cut flowers, and bedding plants. It is found behind the Greenwood Public Library - south of Main Street off of Madison or Meridian Avenue.
- Our Lady of Greenwood Festival It is held during the summer varying between June and July. It is a small festival with rides and games. Or, in a sense, it is like a small town carnival. It is located at Our Lady of Greenwood School.
- Regal Greenwood & RPX, 461 Greenwood Park South Dr, ☏ .
- Roberts Salon & Day Spa, 899 Loews Blvd, ☏ .
- Greater Greenwood Community Band, sanctioned and supported by the City of Greenwood.
- Indiana Baptist College 1301 W. County Line Rd.
Greenwood has many places to shop. However, most shopping in Greenwood is for everyday items such as grocery stores, furniture stores, and sports items. Here are places to shop that might be of interest for those from out of town.
- 1 Greenwood Park Mall, 1251 U.S. 31 N, ☏ . Shops at the Mall: FYE, American Eagle, PacSun, Sears, Macy's, Old Navy, JC Penny's, Aeropostale, and more.
- Downtown Greenwood The small town feeling of downtown Greenwood has a few shops.
Places with everyday items are: Meijer, Dollar General, Target, Marsh, Menard's, Sam's Club, and more.
- Egg Roll No.1, 640 US 31 S, ☏ . This is a family-owned Chinese fast-food restaurant. It has been said to be one of the best in the area. It has carry-out and dine in.
- Four Seasons Family Restaurant, 1140 North State Road 135, ☏ .
- Strange Brew, 4800 W Smith Valley Rd, ☏ .
There are many places to stay in Greenwood.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenwood, 1180 Wilson Dr.
- Red Roof Inn, 110 Sheek Rd.
- Best Western Plus Greenwood/Indy South Inn, 1281 S Park Dr, ☏ .
- Intown Suites, 887 E Main St, ☏ .
- Indianapolis - just north on I-65 and has an endless amount of things to do that aren't in Greenwood
|Routes through Greenwood|
|Lafayette ← Indianapolis ←||N S||→ Franklin → Louisville|
|South Bend ← Indianapolis ←||N S||→ Franklin → Louisville|