Gwagwalada is a local government in Federal Capital Territory, North Central Nigeria.
This is one of the fastest growing cities in the state, with over 1,000,000 residents.
- 1 Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport (ABV IATA). International flights to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport are offered by several airlines, notably, Lufthansa, KLM, and British Airways. Many visitors fly through connecting flights from Lagos.
While the industry is being overhauled and aviation safety is being upgraded, only a few local airlines are reliable: AeroContractors, Arik Air, Air Peace and Dana Air. The quasi-government-owned Arik Air has frequent flights from many domestic locations. Air Peace and Dana Air are private airlines but operate quite a few routes into Abuja as well.
From the airport, you are best advised to take the official Green Cab. Board the cab with only people you know. Uber operates here as well. The Abuja light rail system connects the airport with the city center. Bolt (formerly Taxify) also operates extensively within the city and off-rides to and from the airport. The airport is quite a distance from the main city. There are also private shuttle services offered to customers in the city.
So once you get into Abuja through this route, then you can get into Gwagwalada from the airport by using either the cabs or car transport services like Uber or Bolt
You can get into Gwagwalada by bus from major cities like Lagos, Benin, Kano and Port Harcourt. Reliable services are available to bring you into Gwagwalada, such as: ABC Transport (with air-conditioned luxurious bus rides), Ekene Dili Chukwu, Chisco Transport (CTN), Young Shall Grow and God is good motors.
It is advisable to take day trip buses from wherever you are coming from in the country. This is because the interstate roads have most part of them unmaintained and full of potholes. And also the issue of being attacked by robbers by night. If you're unfamiliar with the country, endeavor to take a bus with an escort. Buses allow you to appreciate the terrain, the towns and cities, and the subtle changes in these and culture as you drive towards the capital either from the South or the North.
After getting into Gwagwalada, there are cabs around by which you can get around with.
Nigeria Railway Corporation has completed an inter-city line between Abuja and Kaduna, where you can connect with the rest of the Nigerian rail system. Trains arrive and depart from 2 Idu Station which is about 15 km west of the city centre. As of 2018, there are four daily departures in each direction. The train service offers three types of fares as Economy, First Class, and Sleeper. The schedules and current fairs can be found on the Nigeria Railway Corporation website. It is a very comfortable mode of traveling.
You can get around via cab. It's kind of hard to move around by bus.
- 1 University of Abuja Open Air Theater. An outdoor theatre where theatre arts students perform.
- Fabs Supermarket, Park Road by Demonstration Junction, ☏ +234 706 859 2715.
- Eden Super Store, No 10 Park Rd, ☏ +234 803 237 7511.
- De-Young Supermarket, Gwagwalada Market, Off New market Road, ☏ +234 813 911 2843.
- City Mart Stores, 3 J. Olorunkosebi St.
- Living Hope Supermarket, ☏ +234 703 237 0709.
- Tabs Supermarket, Secretariat Road Off Town Hall Road, ☏ +234 805 061 5659.
- De bosses bistro, Old Stadium Layout, ☏ +234 909 462 7995. M-Sa 8AM-7PM.
- Tahmira Place, Phase 3 Primary School Junction, beside Capital Suites, Phase 3, ☏ +234 807 777 3368. M-Sa 7AM-10PM.
- Capital Grille, ☏ +234 703 303 0533. M-Sa 8AM-10PM.
- Ultimate Kitchen Restaurant. M-Sa 9AM-9PM.
- Magama Restaurant, Secretariat junction, beside Zenith Bank, ☏ +234 803 240 4471. M-Sa 8AM-10PM.
- Imperial Dine, ☏ +234. M-Sa 8AM-10PM.
- Cottage Restaurant. M-Sa 9AM-10PM.
- Zeem Restaurant. M-Sa 9AM-9PM.
- Liberty Restaurant, beside Demonstration Primary School, off Park Road, ☏ +234 807 757 6516.
- Area Two Bukka, Gwagwalada-Dukwa Rd, ☏ +234 805 317 9909.
- Sir K Grill Spot, ☏ +234 807 202 1515.
- Quest Lounge, ☏ +234 813 975 2158. 24 hours.
- 1 dollar garden, ☏ +234 803 888 1254. M-Sa 9AM-midnight.
- Angle 90, Angle 90 University Road, 902101, ☏ +234 816 030 4338. 24 hours.
- Mary Guest House and Bar, No 13 Sharp Corner Road, Off Park Road, ☏ +234 807 704 3314.
- Mabe Restaurant & Bar, Opposite Demonstration Primary School, ☏ +234 813 000 1434. M-Sa 7AM-midnight.
- Capital Merit Club, Gwagwalada-Dukwa Rd.
- Sambrano lounge.
- MDCAN Lounge. M-Sa 8AM-9PM.
- Arewa pub, ☏ +234 704 371 9999. 24 hours.
- 1 Modoc Hotel, ☏ +234 706 448 7903. ₦9000.
- 2 Cosy Rest Guest house. ₦9000.
- New Nalex Hotel, Plot 6-8 FRCN Road, Gwagwala. ₦9000.
- PrimeRose Hotel, ☏ +234 909 838 5653. ₦10500.
- 3 Majeek Cration, Atlas street, 902101. ₦9000.
- 4 Jimroose International Hotel, Plot 108109 Old Kutunku. ₦9000.
- Fort-Ellis Hotel Ltd, Plot 113 Demonstration Road, ☏ +234 815 556 4678. ₦4000.
- Palasa Guest Inn, behind Aguma palace, ☏ +234 803 606 7850. ₦8000.
- Capitol Hotel and Suites, ☏ +234 803 586 4770.