Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See Hiking in the Nordic countries for practical information.
Long distance hikes
In Swedish, leden means trail.
- Bergslagsleden in central Sweden (Örebro County) winds its way in old forests of Bergslagen. It is 280 km long and finishes after the Tiveden National Park, along the Vättern lake.
- Kungsleden from Abisko to Hemavan is probably the best known trail, with its first section (in the fells of Northern Lapland) being the most popular
- Padjelantaleden starts from Kvikkjokk and links to the Kungsleden
- Södra Kungsleden, a trail through Sweden's southern mountain region, in Dalarna, Härjedalen and Jämtland
- Västra Vätterleden starts from the end of the Bergslagsleden and continues South for 195 km.
Areas with short walks
- Tiveden National Park has short loops, up to 9.5 km long