Hjørring is an inland city in North Jutland.
Hjørring is a major train stop and transport centre in the region, with buses to most cities, villages and beaches across the county. Trains for Frederikshavn and Aalborg (continuing south towards Copenhagen) are run by Danish State Railways , the private railway line to Hirtshals by Nordjyske jernbaner , and all buses by Nordjyllands trafikselskab .
- 1 Bellevue Tower, Toelhøjvej (in Hjørring Hills). Always open. A 14-metre high tower with a fantastic view of the surrounding landscape, Jammer Bay and Hjørring city. It is at the highest point in Hjørring Hills, called Bellevue, at 69 meters above sea level. The first tower was erected here in 1900, the present one is from 1965. Free.
- 2 Sculpture Park, P. Nørkjærs Plads. A collection of around 160 sculptures. Free.
- 3 Vendsyssel Kunstmuseum, P. Nørkjærs Plads 15, ☏ . 11-16, closed Mondays. Art Museum DKK 80.
- 4 Anni Kristine & Flemming Holm, Dalsmarkvej 27, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10AM-5PM. Artist couple shows own sculptures in granite and bronze. Free.
- 1 Skallerup Resort, Nordre Klitvej 21, ☏ , email@example.com. Seaside Resort near Hjørring and Lønstrup with 273 holiday homes, waterpark, play land, sport activities, bowling, equestrian centre, restaurant, supermarket, etc.
- Football: Vendsyssel FF play soccer in First Division, Denmark's second tier. Their home ground (capacity 7500) is 500 m east of Hjørring town centre.
- 1 B&B Østre Alle, Østre Alle 24 (2 km from the railway station), ☏ .
- 2 Hotellet, Nørregade 33, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. DKK 800.
- 3 Hotel Phønix, Jernbanegade 6 (in the heart of Hjørring), ☏ , email@example.com. DKK 850.
- Lønstrup is a picturesque village which is part of the Hjørring municipality and just a 15-minute drive away.
|Routes through Hjørring|
|Kristiansand ← Hirtshals ←||N S||→ Aalborg → END|