Hjørring is an inland city in North Jutland.
Hjørring is a major train stop and transport centre in the region, with busses to most cities, villages and beaches across the county. Trains for Frederikshavn and Aalborg (continuing south towards Copenhagen) are run på Danish State Railways, the private railway line to Hirtshals by Nordjyske jernbaner, and all buses by Nordjyllands trafikselskab.
- Bellevue Tower, Toelhøjvej (in Hjørring Hills). Always open. A 14-metre high tower with a fantastic view of the surrounding landscape, Jammer Bay and Hjørring city. It is at the highest point in Hjørring Hills, called Bellevue, at 69 meters above sea level. The first tower was erected here in 1900, the present one is from 1965. Free.
- Sculpture Park, P. Nørkjærs Plads. A collection of around 160 sculptures. Free.
- Alles Kunst, Jernbanegade 22, ☏ , email@example.com. F 1PM-5:30PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. All kind of art and crafts, also not to expensive stuff for gifts or souvenirs.
- Anni Kristine & Flemming Holm, Dalsmarkvej 27, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10AM-5PM. Artist couple shows own sculptures in granite and bronze. Free.
- Hurlumhejhuset, Grønnevold 1, ☏ , email@example.com. W-Th 10AM-6PM, F-Su 10AM-8PM. Indoor and outdoor playground for children. Also food available weekend evenings. 60 Kr, children 75 Kr, children below 2 free.
- Skallerup Resort, Nordre Klitvej 21, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Seaside Resort near Hjørring and Lønstrup with 273 holiday homes, waterpark, play land, sport activities, bowling, equestrian centre, restaurant, supermarket, etc.
- Lønstrup is a picturesque village which is part of the Hjørring municipality and just a 15 minute drive away.
|Routes through Hjørring|
|Kristiansand ← Hirtshals ←||N S||→ Aalborg → END|