Holt is a Georgian market town in Norfolk.
The town is the terminus of Poppy Line from Sheringham. The station is actually a couple of miles from the town center. The horse-drawn carriage, the "Holt Flyer", has now been discontinued. Passengers must now take a bus to the town center.
There is a daily National Express service to London
The town is around 45 minutes drive from Norwich.
The town is small enough to get around on foot.
- Christmas decorations - The town center is beautifully lit up in the weeks before Christmas.
- North Norfolk Railway (The Poppy Line), NR25 6AJ, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A 5 mile, 23 minute steam train ride from Holt to Sheringham. Or 18 minutes if diesel hauled.
Take a walk at Spout Hills, or in the Country Park.
There are many antique shops in the town.
- Byfords Café/Winebar/Delicatessen, 1-4 Shirehall Plain
- Taste Of India, 31 Bull St
- Butlers Cafe Bar Restaurant
Try the public bar at the Feathers Hotel.
- The Feathers Hotel, 6 Market Place, High Street, NR25 6BW, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Morston Hall, Morston, NR25 7AA, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.