Holt is a Georgian market town in Norfolk.
The town is the terminus of Poppy Line from Sheringham. The station is actually a couple of miles from the town center. The horse-drawn carriage, the "Holt Flyer", has now been discontinued. Passengers must now take a bus to the town center.
There is a daily National Express service to London
The town is around 45 minutes drive from Norwich.
The town is small enough to get around on foot.
In the nearby village of Hunworth
- parish Church of St Lawrence.
- Hunworth Hall.
- Hunworth Watermill.
- Take a walk at Spout Hills, or in the Country Park.
- North Norfolk Railway (The Poppy Line), NR25 6AJ, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A 5 mile, 23 minute steam train ride from Holt to Sheringham. Or 18 minutes if diesel hauled.
- Holt Lights. The town centre is beautifully lit up prior to Christmas. "Switch on Night" for 2016 is November 30.
There are many antique shops in the town.
- Byfords Café/Winebar/Delicatessen, 1-4 Shirehall Plain
- Taste Of India, 31 Bull St
- Butlers Cafe Bar Restaurant
- The Hunny Bell (Bell Public House), The Green, Hunworth, ☎ .
Try the public bar at the Feathers Hotel.
- The Feathers Hotel, 6 Market Place, High Street, NR25 6BW, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Morston Hall, Morston, NR25 7AA, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.