Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 The Cliff Shaft Mine Museum, 501 W. Euclid Street, ☏ . Open Tuesdays through Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm (June - October) with a nominal admission. The museum offers a number of displays in the Historical Dry Building and outside including displays of miners and mines past and present, headgear & other safety equipment available to miners of yesteryear, displays on blasting and diamond drilling equipment, various types of communication available to the miners, and a laboratory display where samples of iron ore were tested. In addition, the Ishpeming Historical Society room displays local historical artifacts representing the local community during the great mining era, and the Ishpeming Rock and Mineral Club room and displays over 500 minerals. Guided tours of the tunnels are offered, and outside of the museum visitors can see the old headframes that tower from 97' to 174' high which were used to lower miners 1250' into the bowels of the earth, as well as a 170-ton Iron Ore Truck with tires 12 feet high and a 30 ton shovel bucket in front of the Dry building.
- 2 U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame, 610 Palms Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Ishpeming Area Historical Society Museum, 308 Cleveland Ave, Ste. 303. On the third floor of the Gossard building.
- Rare Earth Goods & Cafe, 200 East Division St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ralph's Italian Deli, 601 Palms Ave, ☏ .
- Mama Mia's, 207 East Pearl St, ☏ .
- Lawry's Pasties.
- Bucks Restaurant, 218 S Main St, ☏ .
- Best Western Country Inn, 850 US Highway 41 W, ☏ , fax: .
- Magnuson Hotel Country Inn, 850 US Hwy 41 W, ☏ .
- Jasper Ridge Inn Ishpeming, 1000 River Pky, ☏ .
|Routes through Ishpeming|
|Houghton ← Michigamme ← Jct S ←||N S||→ Marquette → Escanaba|
|Ironwood ← ENDS at ← Jct S ←||W E||→ Marquette → Sault Ste Marie|