This is a calendar of events and festivals for the month of January.
Events in January
What is going on in:
- Field Day: 1 January 2015 Sydney. Dance music festival held in Sydney's Domain park every year on New Years Day. (date needs updating)
- Tamworth country music festival: 16–25 January 2015 Tamworth (New South Wales). Australia's largest country music festival (date needs updating)
- Timkat festival: 19 January 2015 Gondar. Christian celebration with re-enactments of Baptism and dancing (date needs updating)
- Dinagyang Festival: 11–28 January 2015 Iloilo City. A spectacular festival in honor of the Sto. Nino, also one of the most popular festivals in the Philippines, streets are filled up with people as dancers dance and as music plays, colors and sound of the festival brighten up the atmosphere. (date needs updating)
- Boracay International Fun Board Cup: 26–30 January 2015 Boracay. this is the biggest windsurfing event in the Philippines, people around the world gather and compete. (date needs updating)
- Lerwick Up Helly Aa: 27 January 2015 Lerwick. on the Shetland Islands. A fire festival celebrating the influence of the Vikings on Scotland, culminating in the burning of a Viking galley. (date needs updating)
National public holidays and religious dates in January
Date to be aware of when travelling.
- New Years Day (Gregorian calendar): 1 January annually . all night parties and celebrations including fireworks displays in cities and locations worldwide, but especially Western ones
- Australia Day: 26 January 2015 Australia. a public holiday commemorating the arrival of the convict First Fleet in 1788 and the establishment of both the city of Sydney and the colony of New South Wales. It is celebrated by community events in most suburbs and towns around Australia and in grand style in the city centres and Sydney (especially). (date needs updating)
- Christmas (Eastern orthodox/Julian Calendar): January 7th/8th in: Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia in Europe. Egypt and Ethiopia in Africa. Palestine in Asia. Date depends on calendar used by main church in each country.
- New Year According to the Julian Calendar: 1 January 2015 Russia. Russians are probably the only people in the world that celebrate New Year twice. (date needs updating)
- Epiphany: 6 January annually Spain. day is a Christian feast intended to celebrate the incarnation of God in Jesus Christ. National Bank holiday and the official end of the Christmas season in Spain.
|Calendar of events and festivals|
|January | February | March | April | May | June|
|July | August | September | October | November | December|