Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Dargaville Museum, also known as Dargaville Maritime Museum, 32 Mount Wesley Coast Road, Dargaville. Every day except 25 Dec summer 9am-5pm, winter 9am-4pm. Adult $12, school child $2.
- 2 Kaipara Vintage Machinery Museum, Harding Park, Dargaville (next to Dargaville Museum). W F Sa Su 10:30am-3:30pm.
- 3 The Kauri Museum, 5 Church Rd, Matakohe. Every day except 25 Dec 9am-5pm. This large museum in a small village tells the story of the pioneering days through the use of kauri timber and kauri gum (fossilised resin). Adult $25, child (5-15 years) $8, senior or student $20.
- Kai Iwi Lakes, north of Dargaville
- West coast ocean beaches
- 1 Woodturners Kauri Gallery and Studio, 4 Murdoch St (on SH 12), Dargaville. Worth visiting just for a look at items made in the studio from beautiful kauri wood.
- Tane Mahuta, Waipoua Forest, State Highway 12 (65 km north of Dargaville). A giant kauri tree, the largest living kauri. A 200 metre walk from the car park.
- Hokianga to the north (60 minutes drive from Dargaville)
- Wellsford and the rest of the Auckland Region to the south