North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Mid-Hudson and Catskills > Catskills > Ulster County > Kingston (New York)
Kingston is a small city in New York's Hudson Valley, 91 miles north of New York City and 50 miles south of Albany. It is the county seat of Ulster County and was the first capital of New York state. It was ransacked and burned by the British during the American Revolution.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor (~40 miles south), +1 845 564-2100. The closest major airport, but at present offers few direct flights to major destinations.
- Albany International Airport 737 Albany-Shaker Rd, Albany (~65 miles north), +1 518 242-2200 (information center). Offers flights to most eastern US cities.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Road, White Plains, +1 914-995-4860 (airlines). Several counties away, but an alternative to the congestion of the 3 major international airports around New York City. Rental cars available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, John F. Kennedy International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport: Livery cars offer service to and from 3 major international airports. Amtrak offer rail links from Rhinebeck.
N.Y.S. thruway exit 19.
- Amtrak, . Rail service from Rhinecliff station in Rhinebeck to New York City's Penn Station and other points. Rhinebeck is across the Hudson River, via the Kingston-Rhinecliff bridge.
There are several historic districts and many gorgeous historic buildings in this city. Only a few of them are shown on this page.
- Take a cruise on the river aboard the Rip Van Winkle, +1 845 340-4700,  or the Teal, +1 845 679-8205, .
- See exhibits on the maritime history of the Hudson River and the regional industries—such as agriculture, brick, and, before the advent of refrigeration, ice—that depended on the river for transportation. Hudson River Maritime Museum, 50 Rondout Landing, +1 845 338-0071, . May–October, F–M 11AM–4:00PM. Also has collections of paintings and boats.
- Trolley Museum of New York, 89 East Strand (Rondout waterfront), ☏ . Memorial Day Weekend–Columbus Day, Sa, Su & holidays, noon–5PM. Trolley rides Sa & Su, May-October, from the museum to Kingston Point Park.
Hudson Valley Mall
- Rosita's, 86 Rondout Landing, ☏ . Mexican/American cuisine. Waterfront dining, with outdoor patio.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Hudson Valley Mall. Great wings, blazin' sauce, and anything you can think of.
- Courtyard Kingston, 500 Frank Sottile Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn, 503 Washington Ave, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn (Hampton Inn), Ulster Ave..
- Super Lodge, 129 New York 28, ☏ . Check-in: 1pm, check-out: 11am.
- The lovely town of Rhinebeck, with more historic houses, is across the river and slightly to the south and east.
|Routes through Kingston|
|Albany ← Saugerties ←||N S||→ New Paltz → New York City|
|Albany ← Saugerties ←||N S||→ Milton → Fort Lee|
|Herkimer ← Oneonta ←||W E||→ END|