Jump to navigation Jump to search
Løkken is a city in North Jutland.
1 Løkken Busterminal. is just south of the center.
- 1 Løkken Minitown (Løkken Miniby), Vendelbogade 2, ☏ . Th 8:00-noon. Workshop making miniature houses based on local buildings from around 1900.
- 2 Old town, Ndr Strandvej. Here you can see the old fishermen's houses.
- 3 Market Square. This is a children's playground.
- 4 Kystmuseum. Small museum displaying old fishing vessels and equitment. free.
- 5 Faresignalstationen. The masts on shore used to signal to ships in danger. Also a good viewpoint. free.
- 6 Rubjerg Knude (10 km north, bus 99). A former lighthouse, standing 60m above sea in up to 30m high sand dunes. In 2019 the lighthouse was moved 70m into the inland, to avoid it meeting the same destiny as the buildings that once surrounded it - disintegrating due to sand pressure and falling from the cliff. free.
- 7 Børglum Kloster. This was an important Premonstratensian abbey of medieval Denmark. The remains now accommodate a museum showing the history of the site.
- 1 Action House, Industrivej 1 (5 km southeast of town, bus 720 from Løkken School, ask the driver where to get off), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-midnight. Multi action centre with several different activities as well as bar, restaurant and nightclub. Gokart 120 Kr for ten minutes, bowling 140 Kr for one hour, lasergame 65 Kr for 20 minutes, paintball 200 Kr, children's playground 40 Kr.
- 1 Havs, Sdr Strandvej 16 (inside the surf shop), ☏ . 10:00-23:00. Informal restaurant with great food. DKK 240 mains.
- 1 Kallehavegaard Badehotel, Søndergade 80, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 10:30. Old beach hotel that has been renovated but kept the good old atmosphere. 1300 double with en-suite bathroom.