Lermoos is a relatively small town with a little over 1000 inhabitants, but during winter months transforms into a ski resort town that is mostly popular with families with children.
Lermoos is somewhat isolated from the rest of Tyrol by some of the highest mountains in the Alps. The 1 Lermoos railway station offers rail links with Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Kempten in Germany, also passing through Reutte.
The local bus service is dominated by bus 150.
- 1 Church of St. Catherine, Insbrucker Str. Roman Catholic parish church consecrated to Saint Catherine of Alexandria, it is a protected monument because of its exceptional murals. The Baroque church has a Gothic tower and is surrounded by a historic cemetery wall, it is well worth a visit.
- 1 Open-air swimming pool (Panoramabad), Schwimmbadstr. Three open-air swimming pools including water slide and play area for kids.
- 1 Spar, Garmischer Straße 2, ☏ . Small and fairly expensive supermarket.
- 2 MPREIS, Garmischer Straße 15, ☏ . Supermarket.
- 1 Camping Lärchenhof, Gries 16, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Camping, holiday cottages, and hotel.