Miraflores is a suburb or barrio of Lima the capital city of Peru. Miraflores is known as Ciudad Heroica or the Heroic City. There are many parks, gardens, high rise apartment buildings, hotels, restaurants and shops. Situated on the coast, Miraflores is considered to be one of the finest districts of Lima and is very popular with tourists.
To get to Miraflores from the airport or bus terminal or wherever it is that you arrived in Lima is as simple as taking a taxi or bus. A taxi from the airport should cost a maximum of S/.50.00, S/.30.00 if you're good at bargaining. A taxi from the Javier Prado Cruz del Sur bus terminal should set you back between S/.5.00 and S/.10.00.
- Iglesia Matriz (Virgen Milagrosa) (Parque Central), ☏ .
- La Tarumba, Leoncio Prado 225, Miraflores, ☏ . Circus group with headquarters in Miraflores but they do shows all over Lima, check their website for details.
- 1 Luis Miro Quesada Garland Hall (Galeria de la Municipalidad de Miraflores (Miraflores Municipal Gallery)), Municipality building, corner of calle Virgen Milagrosa and avenida Larco, opposite Parque Central (12º 07' 19 S 77º 01' 45 W). One of the most popular art galleries in Lima. The exhibition rooms are spacious, and the exhibitions themselves are generally very good. Work on show is mainly by local artists, with the occasional foreign contribution. Artists who display their work here usually go on to acquire a good reputation in the national art scene. Calle Virgen Milagrosa, also known as Paseo de los Pintores, often has art on display and for sale in the street.
- Palacio Municipal, Av. Larco 400, ☏ .
- Parque John. F. Kennedy.
- 2 Pucllana (Museo de Sitio Huaca Pucllana, El Parque Histórico Cultural Pucllana, Huaca Pucllana o Juliana), General Borgoño cuadra 8, Miraflores (12º 06' 39 S 77º 02' 01 W). 9AM to 4PM everyday except Tuesdays. Huaca Pucllana dates back from 200 to 700 AD. Made from small handmade, sun-dried brick, this huge construction is 22 meters high. It is divided into two areas, for ceremonial and administrative ends. Guided tours include a visit through the museum, the small park with native flora and fauna and the craftsmen's house where handicrafts are on exhibit and for sale. There is also a restaurant on the site itself which although expensive offers stunning views of the complex, particularly at night, when it's floodlit.
- Centro Cultural Casa Abierta, Av. Petit Thouars 5390, Miraflores.
- Centro Cultural de la Universidad Cayetano Heredia, Av. Armendáriz 445, Miraflores, ☏ .
- Centro Cultural de la Municipalidad de Miraflores, Corner of Larco and Diez Canseco, Miraflores, ☏ .
- Centro Cultural Ricardo Palma, Av. Larco 770, Miraflores, ☏ .
- Casa Museo Ricardo Palma, General Suárez 189 (cuadra 2 de la Av. Ricardo Palma), ☏ .
- Museo Amano, Retiro 160 Alt. cuadra 11 de la Av. Angamos Oeste, ☏ .
- Museo Enrico Poli, Calle Lord Cochrane 466, ☏ +51 1 422 2437 / 440 7100 .
Many shopping malls have cinemas, bars, bowling even nightclubs, see the subsection Shop, in the section Buy
Paragliding and Hang gliding:
Most flights are done from the cliffs at Miraflores, next to Parque del Amor.
- Fly Adventure, Calle Alfredo León 234, Oficina 202, Miraflores, ☏ . 10AM to 10PM daily. Tandem flights for a duration of about 10 minutes. There are also courses available and locations other than Miraflores.
- AeroXtreme, Tripoli 345 Dpto 503. Miraflores., ☏ . Tandem flights over Miraflores, one day courses at Lurín.
- PeryFly, ☏ . Paragliding and Hang gliding.
- Infinity Paragliding School, ☏ . Paragliding and Hang gliding.
- Parapente Paragliding Peru, ☏ . Paragliding and Hang gliding.
- Skate Park, Av. La Marina block 4, Miraflores (el Malecón de la Marina, Miraflores). A few pipes, a bowl and some other stuff.
- BMX / Mountain Bike Track, Av. La Marina block 4, Miraflores (el Malecón de la Marina, Miraflores). A dirt track with jumps.
There are a number of markets for buying Peruvian artesania, souvenirs, jewelry, and handicrafts along Av. Petit Thouars in Miraflores, a short walk from Parque Kennedy. The biggest - and arguably best - of these is Mercado Indio, a huge expanse of small tiendas selling everything Peruvian - sweaters, blankets, etc.
- Larcomar. It's like a mall, where you can eat, shop, go to the cinema, it even has two nice night clubs. The night clubs are open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and in summer (January and February) also Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Larcomar's principal attraction is its location. It is in Miraflores, in a high hill where you can see the beach while eating or just walking. Best to visit during the sunset.
- Alfresco, Malecon Balta 790, Miraflores. serving "Lima's best cerviche" for around 30 soles. A delightful, upmarket restaurant.
- Astrid&Gaston, Calle Cantuarias 175, Miraflores, ☏ , . Restaurant of the famous Peruvian chef Gaston Acurio. Dishes look spectacular and taste as good as they look.
- Costanera 700, Av. El Ejército 421 Miraflores. owner chef Sato. It's a bit expensive, but its worth it. One of the best restaurants in Lima whose chef was once the personal chef to Fujimori (former Peruvian President). Close to the beach and excellent, execellent food; not too expensive either. Pass on the Pulpo a la oliva (unless you like your squid in black olive sauce). Try the famous Tiradito Costanera (raw fish slides in lemon juice) or Chita a la Pimienta (fish on pepper).
- Danica, Av. Cavenecia, Miraflores, (near Ovalo Gutierrez). serves excellent Peruvian and Italian dishes (seafood, steak, and vegetarian). Upscale, intimate atmosphere and attentive service.
- EDO sushi bar. Best sushi in town, located in Miraflores, San Borja and San Isidro.
- GianFranco Caffe, Angamos Oeste 598, Miraflores (corner of Elias Aguirre), ☏ . Cafe with delicious ice-cream and excellent Italian pizza. A great meeting place for Italian citizens.
- La Gloria, Jr. Atahualpa 201 Miraflores. It's a classic
- La Rosa Nautica, Espigón de Playas. is built over the ocean beneath Larcomar and is arguably one of the best restaurants in Lima. Although quite expensive, the ambience and cuisine are superb. The entree "La Rosa Nautica Style" comes highly recommended.
- Las Brujas de Cachiche, Calle Bolognesi 472, Miraflores. Very good traditional Peruvian dishes.
- Las Orquidas, Jr. Manuel Bonilla 138, Miraflores. Vegetarian restaurant
- La Lucha Sangucheria, Av. Benavides 308, Miraflores, ☏ . open until 3AM Friday and Saturday. A well established sandwich place with good juice.
- La Cocina de Dario, Av. Petit Thours 5390, Miraflores. gives you a taste of the Peruvian and Japanese food fusion, with a variety of fresh seafood.
- La Trattoria de Mambrino, Manuel Bonilla 106, Miraflores. Considered one of the very best Italian restaurants in the world.
- Te Burbuja, Pasaje Los Pinos 118, Miraflores. is a small Taiwanese joint close to Parque Kenedy, with nice fruit salads, all sorts of bubble tea, fruit juices and shakes.
- Rafael, Calle San Martín 300 Miraflores. try the Lomo Saltado
- Saqra (Little Devil), Av. La Paz 646 (In the passage El Suche, Miraflores), ☏ . Open until 1AM. Modern Peruvian food with an element of surprise. Additionally, the restaurant has "an everything for sale" policy, guests can buy the seats, lamps, cushions, glasses, paintings and sculptures or whatever they like. Approx S/.40.00 pp.
- For a bit of fun in Miraflores, try the small street between Parque Kennedy and Bellavista, locally known as the "calle de las pizzas" (Pizza Street). It is a big tourist trap, but on the other hand you are guaranteed to meet other travelers in high spirit.
- At the end of Av. Larco you can find the LarcoMar amusement area, with spectacular views of the beaches, about 40 meters below it, and the Pacific Ocean, and the usual western style shopping mall shops and fast food chains.
- Crypto, heavy metal and hard rock pub on the first side-street of Calle de las Pizzas. Unmarked entrance, just a black door. They sell pitchers of rum & coke for about $5. Excellent atmosphere if you're in the scene, but a bit intimidating for tourists who just wander in.
- Café de la Paz. Is another excellent choice, right in front of the Kennedy Park. Peruvian-French food, in a very trendy, bohemian atmosphere. Excellent Pisco Sour.
- Nebula, Gonzalez Prada 194 (between cuadra 50 and 51 of Av. Arequipa), Miraflores, is a disco with music from the darker part of the eighties, quite close to Plaza Kennedy.
- For jazz music, Miraflores holds a couple of good options: Jazz Zone, Avenida La Paz 656, and Satchmo.
- And for all the coffee-addicts, there are a number of good options. Try Il Cappuccino, a new cafe in Miraflores. Manuel Bonilla 103, close to Parque Kennedy. Also close to the Parque are Café Z, about a block down Bajada Balta; and La Máquina, on the corner of Diez Canseco and Alcanfores, also about a block from the Parque. Excellent coffee is also to be found a few blocks farther away at Arabica Espresso Bar on Calle Recavarren.
- Cirque Hostel, Av. Generál Córdova, ☏ . Check-in: 12:30, check-out: 12:00. Cirque is a small but cozy 6-room hostel. Free breakfast and wifi, kitchen, three common areas (TV-room, terrace, and garden), bar, airport pick-up, 24-hour hot showers and reception, as well as safety lockers and bikes for rent. The hostel is a few blocks away from the beach, local food markets and Huaca Pucllana ruins. It is also the only hostel in Lima officially providing a camping site. You can pitch your tent in the garden for 5 soles, facilities use will cost you extra 5 soles if required. Dorms US$12/person, private suites US$26-30/room.
- Pariwana Backpacker Hostel, ☏ . Hostel in front of the main Miraflores park, with an great view. 24 hours reception, bilingual staff, full guest kitchen, comfortable common areas, free breakfast, TV room, free internet and WIFI, security lockers with built-in electronic outlets, surfboard and bike rentals.
- Blue House Backpacker Hostel, ☏ . Open 24 hours a day, this cozy little hostel is a lot like a guesthouse, providing personalized service and is just a short walk from the great nightlife of Lima. Fully equipped kitchen, comfortable rooms, and great service.
- Pirwa Hostel, ☏ . Good location in Miraflores. Comfortable beds, free breakfast, and a nice relaxing garden.
- Wasihpy Hostel, ☏ , email@example.com. A cozy and welcoming hostel only a few minutes walk to the heart of Miraflores. Open 24 hours, comfortable common areas, free WiFi and internet, plasma TVs with DVD player, fully equipped kitchen, comfortable rooms, outdoor patios and friendly staff.
- 151 Backpackers Hostel B&B, Calle Colon 151. Fully renovated 88 year old house. Private rooms, mixed dorms, outdoor patio with grill, full kitchen for your use, internet, TV and comfortable couches and living room area.
- Stop & Drop Lima Backpacker Hotel & Guesthouse. This hotel is very safe, reception is open 24 hours a day (personal lockers in each room) with a friendly and familiar guest service, good tourist information, in a quiet, relaxed and fun atmosphere. It is in front of park Kennedy, near bus stops, offers very comfortable beds, there’s an all-day security service and room and bathroom cleaning service (hot showers 24 hours).
- Red Psycho Llama Backpackers Hostel. At Red Psycho Llama they follow sustainable practices throughout the hotel.
- Casa del Mochilero, Chacaltana 130a, 2nd floor, ☏ 444-9089 . This place is more like a flat than a hostel, so it has a much more at-home and chilled atmosphere, with less than 20 beds. Was the original copied by "Mochilero Inn" next door, even down to the flags outside. Dorms from 15 Soles, one private room with two beds. Kitchen, cable TV, internet 2 soles/hour.
- Mochilero Inn, Chacaltana 136. Friendly hostel with dorms from 20 soles. Kitchen, TV use. Cleaner than the hostel next door. Convenient stop in front of the hostel.
- Albergue Miraflores House, Av. Comandante Espinar Nº 611 (between Avenue Angamos and the Avenue Comandante Espinar), ☏ . Popular hostel that gets rave reviews for good security. Offers airport pickup for a fee. Dorms from 35 sol per person, doubles from 77 sol. Breakfast and internet included.
- Flying Dog Hostel. Spacious rooms, TV lounge with DVD selection, internet, kitchen to use, friendly English-speaking Peruvian employees. Excellent doubles with private bathroom.
- LOKI Backpackers Hostel, Av. Jose Galvez 576, ☏ 01-6512966 . Loki Lima established in May 2006, was the second Loki to hit Peru after the famous first one in Cusco. Is it in the heart of Miraflores, between the buzz of Parque Kennedy and the beautiful cliff top parks of the coast. This residence is decorated with a modern Loki twist around a laid back, fun atmosphere.
- Teresa, Mariano Odicio, 326 (4 Blocks from plaza Kennedy, near Quadrant 5 of Avenida Ernesto Diez Canseco), ☏ 940607840 or (1)2508739 . Run by a friendly old lady who has a couple of rooms to sleep, shared bathroom. There is wi-fi, and every room has a refrigerator. She says herself that the neighbourhood is safe, but she also takes security measures. Cleaning is done by the guests, but it is relatively cheap. 15 soles per person (private rooms for 2) (Jan. 2016). 15 soles per person per night.
- Kokopelli Backpackers Hostel, ☏ 259 0051-1-651-2886 . Calle berlin. Kokopeli is founded and run by 4 guys from Holland and Peru. Great bar on the roof, and a nice hangout area downstairs. Close to most things in Miraflores, and not a far walk to the sea. Multilingual, friendly staff. Big storage lockers, and clean rooms. Great breakfast provided at a cafe around the corner. Hot showers.
- 1 Explorers House, Av. Alfredo Leon 158, Miraflores, Lima, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Well-run hostel with a family atmosphere in a quiet area. Paola, the manager, has a wealth of information on Lima and Peru, and speaks Spanish, English and French. Paola is very concerned about security and takes measures to keep the hostel secure for her guests. She has many tips for helping guests stay safe while visiting Lima. She will arrange secure taxi transport to and from the airport. She will arrange inter-city bus tickets as well. Kitchen, Breakfast, Wi-Fi, cable TV, security box, hot water.
- HQ Villa, Av Independencia 1288. Plenty of amenities and distinctive common areas.
- Miraflores Penthouse, Malecon Balta 810. 3 bedroom,3 bathroom with 700sq rooftop terrace. Sleeps six. $175
- Bellavista de Miraflores, Jr. Bellavista 215, ☏ , email@example.com. Nice mid price place in central Miraflores.
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Malecón de la Reserva 615, ☏ .
- Thunderbird Hotel Suites & Casino, Av. Alcanfores 475 (on the corner of Av. Alcanfores and Miraflores Avenue), ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Adjacent you will find Fiesta Casino Benavides, a quality establishment with 3 floors of gaming space and nightly live entertainment. $170.
- 2 Belmond Miraflores Park, Av. Malecón de la Reserva, 1035 Miraflores, Lima 18, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parque Kennedy has free wifi internet access.
- iperu (Centro Turístico y de Entretenimiento Larcomar Miraflores), Módulo 10, Plaza Principal, ☏ (01) 445 9400 or (24 Hours) (01) 574 8000 , email@example.com. Monday to Sunday 11AM to 1PM and 2PM to 8PM.