Lowell is a small town (pop 1,045) in Oregon.
The town itself is small and not very exciting, however, there are a few popular destinations nearby.
From Eugene via Hwy 58. Shortly after Dexter State Park, turn left and cross the bridge into town (about 30 min).
There is (very infrequent-- a couple per day) LTD bus service from Eugene on weekdays.
- Dexter Reservoir. The town lies on the edge of the large lake.
- Dexter Lake Club. famous for being the filming location of an iconic scene in the movie Animal House.
- Parvin Bridge (just outside the town). one of Oregon's many historic covered bridges.
- Dexter Dam.
Go boating on the lake.
Go camping at one of the campgrounds in the area.
- 1 Dexter State Recreation Site (access from hwy 58), ☏ . State park on the western side of the lake. Home to one of Oregon's best disc golf courses. Free.
- 2 Elijah Bristow State Park, ☏ . Free entry.
- 3 Fall Creek State Recreation Area, ☏ .
Golf discs can be bought at a gas station on the highway near the course. From Dexter Park, drive towards Eugene.
- Fall Creek Lake