Asia > Southeast Asia > Philippines > Luzon > Metro Manila > Manila > Manila/Southeast
Paco is a district in Manila. It is bordered by the districts of Sta. Ana, Pandacan and San Andres Bukid.
Paco is accessible through public transportation such as jeepneys and railways as well as taxis. Jeepneys bound for Sta. Ana, Manila and Guadalupe, Makati which pass through Pedro Gil Street pass through Paco. The Philippine National Railways also passes through Paco at its Paco Station.
An individual can get around Paco by riding public utility jeepneys, tricycles or taxis or by walking.
- Paco Park (Paco Cemetery). 7 am to 5 pm. Built by the Dominican priests in 1820, this cemetery is where Jose Rizal was buried after his execution in Luneta (also known as Rizal Park) in December 30, 1896. In August 17, 1912, Rizal's remains were exhumed and laid beneath his monument at Rizal Park. A marker can be seen in the location where the remains of Rizal used to be interred. Paco Park is being used as a venue for weddings, photoshoots and musical concerts due to its romantic ambiance. The park is under the management of the National Parks Development Committee while the church located at the center of the park, which is dedicated to St. Pancratius, is under the jurisdiction of the parish of San Vicente de Paul located in Ermita, Manila.
- Plaza Dilao, Quirino Avenue, Paco, Manila. During the Spanish colonial era, Plaza Dilao became one of the Japanese settlements in Manila. In 1915, Dilao became a transport center with the operation of the Paco Railway Station. During World War II, intense battle were fought in the area between the Japanese and joint Filipino and American forces. A statue of Justo Ukon Takayama can be seen in this plaza.
- Jollibee, 1246 Pedro Gil St. Paco, Manila, ☏ , . 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM. A fastfood establishment which serves hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, spaghetti, fried chicken, palabok, among others
- McDonald's, 1548 Paz St Paco, Manila. It serves hamburgers, fries, fried chicken, spaghetti, pies, among others.
- New Delhi Restaurant, 1418 Quirino Avenue Corner Osmena Highway, Paco, Manila, ☏ . 9 am to 12 midnight. This establishment serves Indian cuisine. Cost for 2 : PHP600.
- Dunkin Donuts, Paz corner Pedro Gil Street, Paco, Manila, ☏ . 5:30 AM to 10 PM. Dunkin Donuts serves donuts and other baked goodies
- My Kitchen by Chef Chris, The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, 1032-34 Belen Street, Paco, Manila, ☏ . My Kitchen by Chef Chris offers European cuisine such as pastas, pizzas, special rice meals, freshly baked breads and desserts, among others. Cost for 2 : PHP2300.
- Old Swiss Inn, Ground floor of the Garden Plaza Hotel & Suites, 1030 Belen St., right beside Paco Park, ☏ , , email@example.com. 6am-2pm then 6pm-10pm. This restaurant serves Swiss and European cuisines such as soups, salads, grilled food, pastas and sandwiches, among others. Signature dishes start at P385 per single serve.
- , Pedro Gil Corner Onyx Street, Paco, Manila, ☏ . 2 pm to 2 am. This fast food establishment is known for its very affordable quarter pounder burgers. Minimum price of hamburger (quarter pounder): P50.
- The Garden Plaza Hotel and Suites, 1030 Belen Street, ☏ +63 2 522-4835 to 39 . air-conditioned rooms equipped with cable television, mini-bar and room service. Some of its facilities and services are business center, outdoor swimming pool, sauna and fitness center. From USD 47.00.
- The Oasis Paco Park, 1032-34 Belen Street, ☏ . Check-in: 02:00 PM, check-out: 12:00 PM. The Oasis Paco Park offers rooms equipped with cable television, mini bar, internet connections, room service (available 7am to 12 midnight), NDD/IDD telephone, air conditioning, hot and cold showers. Some of its facilities and services are large outdoor swimming pool, My Kitchen by Chef Chris: 6pm to 10:30pm, business center, travel center, luggage service, room service: 7am to 12 midnight, 24 hour massage service, car and driver rental. Rates start at 1,700.00 PHP.