Marshall is a town of 7,000 people (2019) in West Central Michigan.
Marshall is best known for its cross-section of 19th- and early 20th-century architecture. It has been referred to by the keeper of the National Register of Historic Places as a "virtual textbook of 19th-Century American architecture." Its historic center is the Marshall Historic District, one of the nation's largest architecturally significant National Historic Landmark Districts. The landmark has over 850 buildings, including the world-famous Honolulu House.
Marshall is located near the junction of Interstate 69 and Interstate 94.
- I-69, a north–south freeway connecting with Fort Wayne, Indiana, to the south and Lansing to the north.
- I-94, an east–west route connecting with Battle Creek and Kalamazoo on the west and Jackson and Detroit on the east.
Amtrak, the national passenger rail system, provides daily service to nearby Battle Creek, Michigan and Albion, Michigan, operating its Wolverine both directions between Chicago, Illinois, and Pontiac, Michigan, via Detroit.
The city of Marshall provides Demand responsive transport bus service during the week with no service provided on weekends or major holidays.
- 1 American Museum of Magic, 107 E. Michigan Ave, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 2 Capitol Hill School.
- 3 Governor's Mansion Museum, 621 S. Marshall Ave.
- 4 Honolulu House (Abner Pratt House), 107 N. Kalamazoo Ave.
- The second-largest U.S. Postal Service museum is in Marshall. Its 4,000 artifacts—including uniforms, rural carrier memorabilia, rural post office equipment, automobiles and sleds—are eclipsed only by the collection of the Smithsonian National Postal Museum in Washington D.C. It is in the basement of the historical Schragg Marshall post office.
- Dark Horse Brewery, 511 S. Kalamazoo Ave.
- Arbor Inn, 15435 W Michigan Ave, ☏ , fax: . $45-69.
- Comfort Inn, 204 Winston Dr, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- Hampton Inn, 325 Sam Hill Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon.
- Holiday Inn Express, 329 Sam Hill Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon.
- 1 National House Inn Bed & Breakfast, 102 S Parkview, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3-9PM, check-out: noon. $125-185.
|Routes through Marshall|
|Lansing ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Coldwater → Fort Wayne|
|Kalamazoo ← Battle Creek ←||W E||→ Jackson → Ann Arbor|