Monte Alegre is a city in Pará, along the Amazon River. The municipality contains a small part Grão-Pará Ecological Station, the largest fully protected tropical forest conservation unit on the planet. It also includes a small part of the Maicuru Biological Reserve. The municipality contains roughly half of the Mulata National Forest, a sustainable use conservation unit created in 2001. It contains all of the fully protected Monte Alegre State Park, created in 2001.
There are boats from Santarem.
- Caverna da Pedra Pintada (Painted Stone cave). Near this area along the Amazon River is the Caverna da Pedra Pintada, an ancient archaeological site with numerous rock paintings and pictographs.
- Monte Alegre State Park, Rodovia PA 255, 68220-000.
- Itatupaoca Hostel, Praça principal, Matriz, rua Doutor José Malcher. Breakfast included. daily: R$40,00.
- Hotel Shekinah, Rua Sete de Setembro, 74 - Cidade Alta. Breakfast included. daily: R$30,00.
- Hotel Shalon, Tv. Joaquim José Corrêa, 467 - Serra Ocidental (Near the praça Paytuna). Breakfast included. daily: R$30,00.